• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Super Cubs and Super Cubs Hardcore Now In SuperCub.Org Store

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
schardcore.jpg

You can now get DVD copies of the classic Super Cub videos - Super Cubs and Super Cubs II Hardcore in the On-Line Store!

If you buy both DVDs with the Bundle option, you will get free express shipping in the US!

BTW, we can NOW process Canadian orders in the store as well!

Thanks!

sj

Cool. I actually had to make my own using the VHS tapes. These will save the hassle. Are these remastered with menus or anything? I always enjoy watching these. Glad to see they are still available.

Bugs:
O.T. I can't access your Cub site. Do you have a problem, or do I have it?

TJ, I can't reach it either.

I also need to fix that annoying popup message due to the picture on this thread.

sj

First, to answer bugs question, it does not have a menu, but it is sectioned off so you can leap ahead or backwards.

I just watched Super Cubs I again. This is a GREAT piece of profesionally produced work. The section on moose stalls and spins is excellent. I think this is a must see video for every cub owner. Hardcore is great as well, but if I had to get one or the other I would get the first one.

I have been corresponding with Jim Carkhuff, narrator and producer of these videos. He really was fortunate to know and meet the folks in these films.

sj

A while back I loaned my copys to a fellow cubber and had a hard time getting them back. He had watched them 6 times but wanted to watch them a couple more times just in case he had missed something I've watched them many times myself and still enjoy a rerun on those days too foggy to fly. Nice to see them availabe in case I make the mistake of loaning them again.

Unless they have old stock, they are no longer available. I used to purchase them from the guy who made produced them, Jim Carkuff, whom I have not had contact from in years and thought I had heard he had passed on.

sj

Last edited:
Unless they have old stock, they are no longer available. I used to purchase them from the guy who made produced them, Jim Carkuff, who passed away a couple of years ago and before that he had decided not to reprint them. I have one personal set left and that is all. It would be great if the family would reproduce - or even youtube these.

sj

Steve, when did you hear that Jim died? He and I were good friends. He lived in Missoula for years and moved away a few years ago. I haven't heard from him in about two years. But as far as I know he's still alive and well. I can PM his last contact information I have if you like.

The videos are very good and all Super Cub based with an emphasis on mods in the first one and flying techniques in the second. Some of the people in the videos are gone, like Atlee Dodge and Bill Ellis but I'm pretty sure Jim is still with us.

Dan,

I may have misspoke, but I vividly remember the obit. However, searching for it now I can't find it. My last communication with Jim was in 2010. I sure hope I am wrong, but he had/has been fighting cancer for many years.

sj

I'm also looking for the dvd versions of these videos. Does anyone know where they can be bought. I've searched the Internet but no luck so far. Thanks.

These are great videos. I have not spoken to Jim Carkuff the creator since 2009, I would love to take on the job of reproducing them for him if I could get a hold of him and be happy to sell them here.

We also used to have another awesome VHS called My Alaska which was from the 70's.

sj

Didn't see these listed in the store. Might want to make sure they are showing up in the DVD section.

Didn't see these listed in the store. Might want to make sure they are showing up in the DVD section.

It is a very old thread from 2006. We have not had these for years.

I am going to try to track some down.

sj

Back