• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Industry Veteran Clay Hammond Joins Cubcrafters Sales Team

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
Congrats to Clay!

6/12/2006 Yakima, WA – Can you be an ‘industry veteran’ in our business before you turn 30? “You bet!” said CubCrafters Vice President Todd Simmons. “We are fortunate to have Clay join us. He brings an impressive sales record from his five years at Signature Combs Aircraft Sales and SouthEast Piper. A CFI and Commercial Pilot with Multi-Engine & Instrument Ratings, Clay has over 2,000 flight hours in more than 35 different aircraft types, many of those tailwheel and in ‘our kind of airplanes, Piper, Cessna, DeHavilland, American Champion, Cirrus, Taylorcraft, Aeronca, Douglas, Beech, Stearman, and Stampe just to name a few.”

“But it’s also Clay’s background that is so interesting. He grew up in upstate New York, as his father was manager, chief pilot and mechanic for Cole Palen’s Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome (www.oldrhinebeck.org) from the late 70’s through the late 80’s. Perhaps you have seen the highly modified, dark blue Super Cub (www.skywriter.info) used for skywriting in the late 90’s by Pepsi-Cola. Clay assisted his father in the re-design and construction of that airplane and spent many hours ferrying the aircraft to and from airshows and advertising venues. He still helps his father with vintage aircraft restorations and maintenance. Clay’s younger brother Nathan is also very active in vintage restorations as well as serving as an instructor for Poly-Fiber Aircraft Coatings. Like so many of us, aviation and airplanes for Clay has been a family affair.” Clay adds “I have been around aviation, and more specifically classic and sport aviation, literally from the day I was born. I can’t think of a better fit for me personally and professionally than to represent CubCrafters.”

Clay is an alumnus of Centre College in Danville, KY and he and his wife Marla have three young children: Erin, Jake and Andy. They make their home just south of Atlanta in Griffin, GA, which is where Clay will be based as CubCrafter’s Southeast Sales Representative. Over the summer, Clay will be splitting time between Atlanta and Yakima, as he helps us set up our direct sales network infrastructure, trade show preparations, aircraft ferrying, etc. Plan to meet Clay in person at EAA Airventure in just a few weeks.

Back