• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Husky Cabin Width

Clay Hammond

Rhinebeck NY (NY94)
Anyone want to enlighten me as to how wide a Husky cabin is at the front and rear seats? Both at the hip and the head. Use a tape measure please...and then let me know.

thanks!

Yeah I'm looking for it now, but the archive of material here is so vast that I'm having trouble locating it.

It was probably buried in some argument under a thread title that has nothing to do with the Husky. :)

I can get the dimensions for you in about an hour if somone hasn't posted by then.

Rear Seat:

Hips= 25 5/8", but If you want to include the rudder cable and fairlead that are right there in the corner, you only get 24 5/8".

Head= 27" glass to glass. If you want to be realistic and include the window frames and fuselage structure in that area, you only get 24 5/8"

Front Seat:

Hips= 25 5/8" , but the trim wheel is right at your hip joint area, so you only have 23 7/8"

Thighs= 23 1/16", with the flap lever in the flaps down position

Head= 26.5" glass to glass, 26 inches if you are realistic and include the window frames, etc.

The throttle cover panel sticks out pretty far, so remember that you'll lose a bit of elbow room there, too.

Hope this helps.

This is from an A-1B.

DAVE

see clay, I knew it would not be long before someone started the name calling... LOL

Dave, thanks for the dim's... good to have.

Well she flies while I nap in the back and hang my head out the door.....you should see us when we switch seats :crazyeyes:

I'm fine in both a/c.

Really big guys may have varied results. Especially with the trim wheel being right there at your hip.

Back