• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

carbon monoxide detector?????

I've been using those cheapo disposable ones as well.

Last summer we had just taken off and just glancing in the general direction of that tab there was no mistake to be made- that thing gets as black as the inside of a bushwheel at night (assuming there isn't some sort of chemical reaction going on in there between the gold and helium within the bushwheel which incidentally must be in there based on their cost and how much better they make an airplane perform by all accounts- now if I could just get my hands on a set... Wow, wasn't this thread about CO detectors just a few lines ago?)

Anyway, those things work! I had wondered in normal flying if that thing turned black if I'd even notice, but with the color differential it was pretty durn obvious.

Simon, a.k.a VG King,

I have to agree with you on the cheapo detectors. But what I really think happened was that after a hard night of telling us how good you and the 14 are, you simply breathed on the detector and it had no choice but to turn black.

A very plausible concept Mike, however that flight was Tony's first ride in the 14, and he was right next to the detector- a lot closer than me. Possibly 35H's way of telling me not to let him in the airplane?

yo

Or, possibly my way way of telling 35H to get its butt back to the runway after experiencing it's climb out performance.

See ya,
Tony
-stuck in Nome with a frozen throttle cable...-

Boy it is funny how fast a good thread can go south. I was hoping to learn about co detectors but ended up reading about bush wheels and a party that I wasn't invited to.

Jerry Gaston said:
Boy it is funny how fast a good thread can go south. I was hoping to learn about co detectors but ended up reading about bush wheels and a party that I wasn't invited to.

Jerry

I just ordered an ST-90 from Sportys. I'll give you a heads up on how it works when I get it in.

Jerry

Hey Jerry (and all)

I didn't mean for my poor attempt at bushwheel humor to negate my experience with the cheapo CO detectors, which was my purpose for joining the thread. I am not sure how often people have CO leaks, but in the one case of it for me the thing sure worked and was apparent.

Apologies for the off-topic discussion (including fictional parties) on someone else's post. :oops:

Simon

Back