• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA18 trim system

bcutting

Vancouver.BC Canada
I am modifying a J5 with an 0-290 and greenhouse, I would like to install the PA18 overhead trim system, anybody know where I can lay my hands on the drawings to make this mod, also the left side flip up window and the J3 syle doors on the right...Its an Amateur built (Canada) so I dont need an actual STC, just the drawings. If anyone can copy for me let me know the price....

You can just use the northland drawings as reference, easy to convert the original to dual groove. Why do you want to put it overhead? Putting a second door on? Still have the paperwork from the plane?

Tim

trim sytem

I like the idea of the overhead trim, its easier to use, it will also able me to put in the left side door. I have already added the one inch vertical tube from the gear mount to the front wing mount. Who is :Northlands"?

Overhead trim

The Smith Cubs use an overhead trim for the two-door models. I can send you some photos and could make a sketch showing dimensions, or I might be able to put a tape in the photos and mark them up appropriately for you to have enough information.

The Northland drawings do not show an overhead trim as far as I can tell. I'm not sure how a J5 fuselage differs from a PA-18, but I think you will need to modify the pulley bracket locations at the rear for an overhead trim...or add a couple of pulleys closer to the cockpit to pull the trim cables down.

Back