• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

What's the best time to visit Prince Edward Island?

Speedo

FOUNDER
TN
I'm planning this summer's trips and am considering visiting PEI: it's only a long day's flight from South Bend. What time of year is best in terms of weather and things to do? Is there a time of year I really want to avoid, such as bug season or fog season?

Any advice is appreciated.

Eric

PEI

Two summers ago I visited in early August. Weather was beautiful. There's quite a lot to do in PEI. On the North Shore you can find horseback riding and canoeing or kayaking, and beautiful beaches.
I combined the trip with one to Halifax, Nova Scotia.

PEI

Eric,

I too am looking at a trip to PEI this summer. No final decision yet.

On previous visits to PEI, Early August was good but late Aug can be too crowded with Vacationers. The locals had wonderful manners. It was like stepping back in time about 50 years.

Scenery is great and the lobster is reasonable.

Paul

Guys:

Thanks for your thoughts. Any suggestions for places to stay or restaurants to try?

Eric

Going to PEI is definitely like going back to a pleasanter period in time. I highly recommend flying into Halifax and getting a rental car. Halifax has excellent air service from the States, so it's an easy trip. Halifax has no end of things to see and do (and eat and drink) prior to heading to PEI.

Back