• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Building a J-3 Cub movie

Bugs66

Spokane WA
Hey Gang,
I added a new section to my web site called "Old Time Cub Theater". I have setup some online movies of old govt' training films. These are on eBay all the time. I plan to add more movies as time goes on. Right now I have:
1. Construction of a Light Aircraft (J-3 Cub)
2. 4130 Tubing repairs
3. Inspection and Repair of Cylinders (Continental) - this will be out in a couple days.

I set a limit on my webserver to 5 connections at a time to help manage bandwidth. If it doesn't work try again later. Let me know if you have any other technical problems. Only worthwhile if you have broadband Internet. These movies are great and remind me why I wish I was born 30 years sooner. Enjoy the shows!

Bugs,

Any chance of buying a set of copies of the movies from you? I am the president of the local EAA chapter here in Sulphur Springs, TX and always need to find programs. I think these movies would be great for that.

I am also going to the Clyde Smith school in Graham, TX this weekend and hope to get a program out of that also.

My wife and I are building a Smith Super Cub with a Superior O-360 we built in the engine build school.

You can buy these movies on eBay pretty cheap, $8.95 or so. Do a search on eBay for "Piper Cub DVD".

The wing is looking good. The tanks do too, especially after the trouble getting them. The movies are great. Now get off the computer and back out in the shop.

Dan2+2 said:
The wing is looking good. The tanks do too, especially after the trouble getting them. The movies are great. Now get off the computer and back out in the shop.

You are so right Dan! Back in the shop is where I need to go! The Internet can be a double edged sword for our projects.

movies

wow that was great to watch ,i hope to see more ,will try some of those moves when i get more experience . can you do that with j3 85hp
engine wont stop when upside down [gravity fed]or do you need special carb

I've got a bent lower longeron that I've been wondering how to fix. The tubing vid was exactly what I needed.

These are great! Thanks

Jeff

Back