• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Sulphur Springs, TX, Fuel and Our Hse & Amer Legend Arcf

GeneHerzog

Sulphur Springs, Texas
If you are in the area, call us at 903-383-7979 the day before and we will try to accommodate you with a good meal and overnight lodging at our lake house near Sulphur Springs. We are best friends with the Legend Aircraft people and will certainly take you through the mfg facility.
We have a hangar with 3 arcft at the airport.

Identifier is SLR and about 60 nm NE of Dallas. Call us for lunch if just passing through.

Gene and Dorinda Herzog

If anyone is near Sulphur Springs, Texas you gotta stop. Gene and his wife Dori are the greatest. Their hospitality is boundless. The "lake house" is something to behold.
Sulphur Springs is a beautiful airport with tarmac and grass runways.
It's Texas dairy country!

The Mrs and I might have to make the trip up there from Houston to visit for lunch (in our new...to us...J3). Seems like it would be a perfect trip on a beautiful day.

ATCT
(Houston, TX)

Beginning in the fall, I'll be running back and forth between Tulsa (RVS) and Dallas a good bit for the next 4 years, I'll have to make a side trip.... that is if I can still afford to fly with a Daughter at SMU :eek:

Kirby

On a trip to Austin last year we stopped at Sulphur Springs for fuel, taxiing out we had a flat on the tailwheel, Gene & Dorinda took us in, fed us & we had a great time. The next morning we toured Legend Aircraft and the guys there fixed the tailwheel and we were off. Flat tire turned out to be the highlight of the trip, many thanks to Gene & Dorinda.
Mike

Kirby,

Let us know when you are coming and we will set something up as long as we are in town. We go out of the country fly fishing sometimes, but are usually around.

Call us at Cell 903-335-3021 or home at lake 903-383-7979

Hey Gene if your gonna extend invitations to these guys make sure the tractor is gassed and ready to go.You don't want to be flying that nice new airplane of an un-mowed runway. :D :D :D

Give my best to Dorinda and keep a close watch on those guys at Legend.
Bill

Sulphur Springs, TX, Fuel and Our Hse & Amer Legend Arcft
If you are in the area, call us at 903-335-3021 the day before and we will try to accommodate you with a good meal and overnight lodging at our lake house near Sulphur Springs. We are best friends with the Legend Aircraft people and will certainly take you through the mfg facility.

We have a hangar with 3 arcft at the airport.

Identifier is SLR and about 60 nm NE of Dallas. Call us for lunch if just passing through.

Gene and Dorinda Herzog​

We meet a lot of great people because of airplanes. You won't meet any greater or nicer than Gene and Dorinda.

Hope to see you guys soon

Rich Giannotti

Thanks for the nice words Rich. We have built a new home on the lake and look forward to vistors. Still have both cubs and the Cherokee 6. Going to put a stroker in the J3 in the next few weeks.
Gene

I had a chance to take Gene and Dorinda up on this offer and had a ball. Great visit, met LOTS of great people, you know the type, the ones who make the world a better place, looked at lots of cool airplanes, including Genes fantastic Smith Cub that he built, ate great food, and on and on and on. Wonderful visit that I hope to repeat sometime. Beautiful house - yes, stunning, but made so by Gene and Dorinda.

Here are a couple of photos of Genes craftsmanship on his homebuilt Smithcub.

IMG_03431.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

If you are ever in that neck of the woods you really should go visit them, take the factory tour, and meet Gene and Dorinda. You will make life time friendships.

Bill

Back