• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Cub Bear.

T.J.

Alaska
Got a surprise yesterday. The temp was about 25F with 6" of snow. We let Ol Dawg outside to do his business. He ran to a big Spruce tree on the edge of the yard. Barking like crazy. I followed to see what was bothering him. He had a small Black Bear treed!
Year old cub. He was about 3 feet long. Sometimes they will leave the den if the mama dies in hibernation or the den floods out. Who knows.
I tried to get some good pics, but the light was bad. I'll try to work them over and post some if they turn out.
We left him alone and he went over to the neighbors porch and tipped the garbage cans over. They were clean so he left. A couple of girls up the road saw he digging in the snow and got some pics.
He will be a very lucky bear if he makes it through the winter. If the wolves or coyotes don't get him starvation probably will.

I guess I'll bite....

T.J. take that criitter under your wing if you got space, give a high protien diet and add about a head of garlic every few days. Get it over to a liquid protien soon, Cook and Serve like Veal)!

Just A thought.

Dennis

Yep:
Ol Dawg is doing his job even if he is crippled a bit. That's what he gets paid for.
I was proud of him, he stepped out on the porch and immediately smelled that bear. He had that bears butt up a tree, quicker then a minner could swim a dipper!
He did get a reward, for Christmas, Mom got him two rubber balls to chase around when he doesn't have bears to chase. You should have seen him tear into the packages! We just throw the packages on the floor and say, "Get em Duke!" He can open them presents quicker then we can.
Merry Christmas all!

Back