• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Lead Substitute

J5Ron

GONE WEST
Valdez, Alaska
Anyone out there have any experience with any of the various forms of lead subs...i.e. CD-2...for adding to unleaded gas...16 oz. jug is supposed to treat up to 160 gallons. Pro's --- Cons... I hae an auto gas STC by Peterson's...but still mix in LL every now and then ...

I had the same thought, but decided it was less hassle to just buy about 10 gallons of 100LL every 50 gallons or so of cargas, and keep adding a shot of mystery oil to every 5 gallon can. It's worked well so far.

Rooster

Since MMO is largely kerosene, I wonder if it would actually decrease octane.....also, the amount named is interesting...I thought it was one pint per 18 gal. ???? I normally add it to the oil, but am harboring a suspicion that my fuel flow sensor was gummed up by a tank of it this last year......??

It's something like 4 oz to a 5 gallion can of gas, per the label. At $3/qt at Walmart, might be cheaper to use plain old kerosene. But what about the mystery.........?

The mystery would probably be some light oils, detergents, and 'oil of wintergreen' ....or maybe just the kerosene....and throw in a little transmission fluid.... :roll:

lead

If any-one cares the octain rating of kerosene is 15-25. Can't see MMO as being a lead substitute if that's the case. Best used for it's intended purpose.
Ron

Back