• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Lightspeed Ignition?

ksecub

Portland, OR
Any of you experimental guys running the Lightspeed ignition system. I have heard that it makes your engine run smother, gives you slightly more power, and uses less fuel. Can anyone confirm this, sounds too good to be true. I see they have a Plasma II & a Plasma III, which one is recommended for a 0-360 experimental Cub?

Doug

According to the folks at lycon, you won't see much performance improvement at the lower altitudes. It seems to really come into its own above about 5000 feet. Just what I've heard.

Bill

Been running it for 1 1/2 years on my expermental PA11 With a souped up 0-200. Really like it. Don't know how much improvement it gives me as I have had it on from the start. But if I switch to my mag there is really a difference. Klaus did my pistons and ported the cylinders also. He also balanced the engine. Really smooth.

Anybody have any experiance with the Emag electonic ignition? There is an article about it in this months Sport Aviation.

Tim

Back