• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Super Cub Hardware for Smith Kit

bsantana

Alaska/Montana
I'm starting on the fuselage assembly for my Smith Cub kit. I have the Northland PA-18 CD with Maintenance Manual and Parts catalog. All the bolts, nuts and washers are called out as a Piper part numbers. Does anyone know of a conversion table or maybe a more user-friendly parts list with AN hardware numbers? My Cessna parts catalog has standard AN designations for bolts, nuts and other generic parts. I hope someone has the same for a Super Cub. Thanks for any help.

Call Steve Tubbs at Performance Air.

Performance Air
(208) 455-7400
4919 Aviation Way
Caldwell, ID 83605

He has a good AN bolt list for the Smith Cub that he can send you.

Brad

Well, how interesting. The Smith 0n-line advertising indicates the following:

1) AN hardware for wiring and fuselage assembly

2) Bolt kit (if the complete PA-18 kit is ordered)

If it's not too inconvenient, could you give me / us an idea of what is not included?

TIA,

Musket

Smith Cub Parts

I missed the advertisement for the hardware kit! I have never had the understanding from the Smiths that I was going to get hardware. I got pulleys, cables and turnbuckles that could be called hardware, but no bolts, nuts or washers. Although I tried to check all the parts and pieces on pick up of the kit, I have no idea if I have everything. I think I'll know the answer to that question about the time I have the complete airframe assembled. There are a lot of parts! Having never built or repaired a Cub before, I also have no idea of what I should have.

I did get a list of hardware from Nick Smith, Jr. yesterday that appears to be mostly complete, but I will check with Steve Tubbs and see if he's willing toi share his list. He is a pretty detail-oriented sort of guy.

Back