• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Progress on Wag Aero 2+2 Exp. Pa-14

Marty57

PATRON
Nipomo, Ca
Today I reached my first milestone in building my Exp. Pa-14/ Wag Aero 2+2. I know it is not much yet, but the first major sub assembly is a big one for me. If anybody is interested, I have a “builder’s log” of sorts on the net at http://www.xanga.com/martyfeehan . This is a running play by play of my project. I must say that this site has had a big influence on me regarding this project. Thanks for all the help, I know I will have many more questions as this thing progresses. Ok, here is the link to my pictures. http://sparky.supercub.org/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=7444&limit=recent

Marty Feehan

Looking good Marty! Keep chugging away!

Incidentally, I couldn't get your website to open. Link correct?

Looks like a good start and well organized shop. The ribs on the wall look great. Keep plugging along. Sounds like your wife is a keeper too!

Looks like a good start Marty, you have a lot of welding to do, that torch is cumbersome, that Meco Midget from Tin Man Tech with the lite whip hose would make that welding more enjoyable.

Marty
I went to your web site to look at your project, and I saw my 2+2 on the left of the page. I guess send me 5 cents every time someone looks at it. Just kidding :lol: . Good luck with the project, you'll enjoy it when it's finished.

Tim

Cub junkie said:
Looks like a good start Marty, you have a lot of welding to do, that torch is cumbersome, that Meco Midget from Tin Man Tech with the lite whip hose would make that welding more enjoyable.

Meco Midget was night and day difference for me. I went from frustrated to "Wow, look what I did!"

For thinwall O/A welding that Meco is hard to beat.

Tim said:
Marty
I went to your web site to look at your project, and I saw my 2+2 on the left of the page. I guess send me 5 cents every time someone looks at it. Just kidding :lol: . Good luck with the project, you'll enjoy it when it's finished.

Tim
Tim, I think you have one of the funnest airplanes a pilot could wish for, a good size cabin and unencumbered by FAA rules that apply to certified aircraft.
Just how do the spoilers work? are they worth it? Im jealous, I need to get in the shop and work on my cub clone. Kevin

Kevin, the spoilers work good for losing altitude, and landing, but no help for a short takeoff. I have to be carefull I don't get in a place I can't get out of. I'm thinking of building a set of wings with flaps. If you don't push the envelope spoilers are fine.

Tim

Tim, I always wondered if that was your 2+2 on my plans. Was that the first 2+2 built and that's why it is on the wag site and plans or what? I have been curious about that for awhile.

cub

Marty, you are a real inspiration to the rest of us seeing you build your plane from the ground up. Most people on this site will never do what your doing now. I live in Washington State and also went to the Arlington EAA flyin. We will have another SuperCub Flyin in the last weekend of June again this year. Hope you can come. What sawmill did you get your Spruce from? Keep the pictures coming and be sure to add items you need with them. You might have some cubbers out here that can help you.

Bill

Dan, I went to the Wag. site and didn't see my plane anywhere. I don't think it could be on your plans. Mine was finished in 1988. I think there were many flying before mine. The picture on Kevins site was taken outside a hanger in Florida where I went in the winter for a few years. (that gig is up, long story)

Tim

Tim,
Thanks for the use of the picture. When you are trying to show what you are building, it only makes since to show the very best! I always heard that imitations are the best form of flattery. I guess I just need your plane as insperation; I even have it as the desk top picture on my computer at work. My students think it is cool, pretty tough to get that response today from junior high kids. I only hope my plane comes out as good as yours. (At school the kids call this sucking up to the teacher). :oops:

Marty

Marty, thanks for the compliment, but if you saw it up close you might change you're mind. I'm trying to wear it out, and it's showing.

Tim

Tim said:
Marty, thanks for the compliment, but if you saw it up close you might change you're mind. I'm trying to wear it out, and it's showing.

Tim
Tim, Your description sounds like the lights comming on in the bar at closing time.

Back