• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Comparison of SC Kits

musket

FRIEND
Baja Oklahoma
If any of you folks have done a comparison as to contents of the Alaska Airframes kit versus the Smith kit (i.e., what is [and what isn't] included), would you be so kind as to post it? I think this is the route I want to go, but there sure are a lot of unknowns out there that can cost big $$$.

Thanks for the assist,

Musket

There are few differences.

Dakota/Alaska airframes kit kit cost more. all lot more by the time you buy all the parts that smith provides you.
Dakota is made of all certified parts

Smith kit is all experimental
Smih kit is less money
Smith kit is in the business of soley providing a kit and support

There is enough information provided by the kit sellers to answer your question fairly well.

Have ask each of the kits mfg. for a complete parts list? Seems that's where I would start

But where do I turn to buy the nesecerry parts for converting my 150 Hp SC to an Experimental 180Hp!? Do please give me some advice!
PS Smith reply that they do sell only compålete kit planesDS
all the best from Sweden waiting for the snow/ gorwin

You want to convert a certified 150hp to experimental? I don't think that is necessary or possible. I think you want to buy a 180hp STC from Penn-Yan or Cubcrafters. That would make more sense wouldn't it?

You might try to talk to Charlie Center at Crosswind STOL. They sell 180 HP STCs.

Best regards
Bent
Denmark

Back