• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Super Cub Instructor in New Hampshire

On Patrol

BENEFACTOR
Wentworth NH" The WAD" NH96
Hi All; my father in law George has now sold the Comanche and has purchased Rick Sanson's 1970 Super Cub N8439Y. Rick was active with the Org. in the early days and operated the SC from Waynesville, Ohio. The issue now George while a 1000 hour instrument Comanche pilot has had rides in the back seat of Miss Daisy and Popasmokes PA12 but has zero T.W. time. George lives in both New Hampshire and Martha's Vineyard Mass. Since I have talked him into this adventure I am looking for a Super Cub instructor to knock the rust off and get him competent as a Super Cub Pilot. Any one know of a local SC instructor to either Plymouth, New Hampshire or Plymouth, Mass. Maybe we could talk Steve into a week on old Cape Cod??????? Thanks John

Flying Miss Daisy said:
Maybe we could talk Steve into a week on old Cape Cod???????

I'm listening! Keep talkin! :cheers

You can knock a LOT of rust off in a week!

sj

Well SJ. George has his house on the Vineyard for your personal use and we can come up with unlimited use of 8439Y and the customary compensation of $45 per flight hour to be capped with a guarantee of commercial flight from KC....... have we sweetened the pot enough?????? I would think you would feel some pity for me as since you made the Comanche park at the ramp at Nolstein and caused the eventual sale and Purchase of N8439Y..........! Solely due to the shame of it all! John

I need the emoticon where the guy is reeling in the fish...

Ok John, that is PRETTY TASTY BAIT. I was going to settle for a deadhead cargo flight, camping, and free beer, but hey!

John, it was the pity I felt that you had to fly the commanche to a cub fly in that caused me to give you the tough love routine, and I see it paid off for you. You will be better for it and all the going fast and flitting here and there in a beer can with wings is really not good for the soul.

Send me an email and we can negotiate off line. Otherwise there will be a bidding war.

sj

In the words of an SC pilot "Aluminum is Aluminum and it belongs on the ramp not on the GRASS"..........!

...somewhere in the Alitas picture collection is a sorrowful sight of poor Johnny pouting at NH.

Flying Miss Daisy said:
In the words of an SC pilot "Aluminum is Aluminum and it belongs on the ramp not on the GRASS"..........!

I take offense to that!! :D

P.S. Ruidoso Ron....you can't take the "stay off the grass" stance because I know your old aluminum plane didn't know what the "the ramp" was! :D

Bill Knox

Steve made the distinction at New Holstein that if you were aluminum but was dragging your tail you could come play on the grass. I was profoundly offended when my PIPER Comanche was a ramp rat but champs and 185's could come to the other side of the field. It made me go home and sell the old Girl as we could never look at her in the same light. John

Back