• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Hipec covering system

Hi Mr Dart!

Do you mean that ``stits`` is a PPG product?The thing i like about hipec is that you can put the same top coat over fabric and solid parts and you end up with a bright finish.They are in business since 1964 and we don`t hear a lot about them!

Frenchy

Stits Aerothane and any of the other polyurethane top coats will go over fabric and metal. I wonder too why I never hear about this system. Another thing is I don't see on their site about being STC approved on certified airplanes.

I've never heard of them either. If they are that good, why hasn't anybody heard of them. And Steve is right, I don't see anywhere on their site that says it's STC'd or approved.

John

Heard of Hipec . Never used it, but heard the glue's a bitch to work with. Most people try to master either dope or Stitts (Poly-fiber) and don't branch out to the others. Each have their good and bad points.
Ron

Hipec

I have a friend that used it and he likes it.Not very many coats of paint and looks glossy.He had used dope before and did not like how many coats he had to spray and it faded fast on him.
I asked at the COPA convention how much it would cost and was told $2500.00 Can. for everything to do a cub.
They have a website, www.falconaravia.com
Aurele

Back