PDA

View Full Version : Die spring landing gear

storm_pilot
09-01-2005, 07:39 AM
I was thinking about using these on the experimental. Does anyone have any experience with them? Where can I get drawings etc.? As always thanks in advance. This site is a huge help.

Bugs66
09-01-2005, 10:53 AM
I was thinking about using these on the experimental. Does anyone have any experience with them? Where can I get drawings etc.? As always thanks in advance. This site is a huge help.

www.wagaero.com sells the die spring gear kits. If you search this board you will find a ton of info about them.

Todd C
09-01-2005, 04:34 PM
Is the Wag kit suitable for the 3" extended gear legs?

X18
09-01-2005, 08:11 PM
Wag sells two versions of the kit, one finished and one unfinished. I don't know if it is long enough to use for the extended gear but I know that it is long enough for a standard length gear with a wider than normal fuselage. Call Wag and see what they say about the length of the unfinshed kit. If you have a 4" widebody with a 3" extended gear, contact Nick Smith at Smith Supercub Kits as they provide a die spring set for their widebody with extended gear.

Jim

Tim
09-01-2005, 08:51 PM
I've had diespring gear on my 2+2 for 5 or 6 years with no problems, I'll never go back to bungees :)

Tim

storm_pilot
09-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Actually I was hoping to find somebody with some drawings. I just can't see spending that much on a kit for something I can fabricate myself.

supilot
09-03-2005, 03:44 PM
are there any durability issues with the die spring when used off airport? do they spring back like bungees or are they more mellow?

Tim
09-03-2005, 07:10 PM
No they don't rebound like bunges. You ought to take a ride with someone who has them on a plane, I think you'll be impressed. I have plans of my gear, on this computer somewhere. I emailed a bunch of guys a copy. Let me know if you want a copy, and I'll see if I can find them and send them to you( if I can find them).

Tim

storm_pilot
09-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Yeah, I'd love to have a set of plans.

Thanks