• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Die spring landing gear

storm_pilot

Casselton, ND
I was thinking about using these on the experimental. Does anyone have any experience with them? Where can I get drawings etc.? As always thanks in advance. This site is a huge help.

storm_pilot said:
I was thinking about using these on the experimental. Does anyone have any experience with them? Where can I get drawings etc.? As always thanks in advance. This site is a huge help.

www.wagaero.com sells the die spring gear kits. If you search this board you will find a ton of info about them.

Die Springs

Wag sells two versions of the kit, one finished and one unfinished. I don't know if it is long enough to use for the extended gear but I know that it is long enough for a standard length gear with a wider than normal fuselage. Call Wag and see what they say about the length of the unfinshed kit. If you have a 4" widebody with a 3" extended gear, contact Nick Smith at Smith Supercub Kits as they provide a die spring set for their widebody with extended gear.

Jim

I've had diespring gear on my 2+2 for 5 or 6 years with no problems, I'll never go back to bungees :)

Tim

Actually I was hoping to find somebody with some drawings. I just can't see spending that much on a kit for something I can fabricate myself.

are there any durability issues with the die spring when used off airport? do they spring back like bungees or are they more mellow?

No they don't rebound like bunges. You ought to take a ride with someone who has them on a plane, I think you'll be impressed. I have plans of my gear, on this computer somewhere. I emailed a bunch of guys a copy. Let me know if you want a copy, and I'll see if I can find them and send them to you( if I can find them).

Tim

Back