• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Throttle knob

storm_pilot

Casselton, ND
As dumb as it sounds. I can't seem to find a plain round ball knob for the throttle assy. Any suggestions?

The last time i needed throttle balls i took them of my grandfathers John Deere tractor. Perfect fit. Nothing flys like a deere!

I think that this is a 3/8 x 16 thread 1 1/2" dia.
These are available from ENCO, part # 325-6865, $1.55 each.
<use-enco.com>

Regards,
Flapman

cubchick said:
Ron Massey, are you going to tell the story relating to this topic or do I have to? :lol:

I think you would do it better justice! You might also tell the folks where they can find the optional "Bong device" :roll:

Okay, okay...I'll humiliate myself again. I met Ron the day I soloed the cub. He flew into the N.L.R. airport just as we were popping open some beers to celebrate my solo. We were discussing different landings (I hadn't done a wheel landing yet) and a very well-seasoned pilot remarked just as Ron touched down, "Now that's how you land a cub." (Ron, you owe me for having told the whole world that twice now!).

After Ron taxiied up, we all went over to check out his plane (and Ron went to get a beer :Beer ). I remarked to another female pilot that he had a cute knob, whereupon I immediately realized how that sounded and we burst into laughter. Then we got to looking at all the stuff crammed into his cub. I saw this interesting contraption in the back seat, got it out and asked all the other pilots, "Hey, is this a bong?" thinking, this guy's flying around living out of his cub and smoking marijuana. When they informed me that it was his urinal, I durn near dropped the thing in my haste to shove it back into the back seat.

When Ron walks up, they told him I was playing with his urinal and thought he had a cute knob.

A tired looking Ron immediately perked up and told me abut the supercub site. :lol:

Personally, I think he must have sent a bunch of private messages out, b/c when I joined the site, I already had a reputation.

cubchick said:
when I joined the site, I already had a reputation.

You'll probably never live it down either! Glad to see that even with that fancy "glass" 206, you haven't lost interest in SC's.

Dear Ms CubChick..... If I may say, you did arrive at SC.Org with an in-house rep simply because you were just another in a long procession of TDBM (Them Duped by Massey).

If we only knew how many times since college Ron has responded, "Why no sir, Officer, that's my urinal."

Back