PDA

View Full Version : Throttle knob

storm_pilot
08-15-2005, 05:56 PM
As dumb as it sounds. I can't seem to find a plain round ball knob for the throttle assy. Any suggestions?

Yard Dart
08-15-2005, 06:55 PM
The last time i needed throttle balls i took them of my grandfathers John Deere tractor. Perfect fit. Nothing flys like a deere!

Flapman
08-15-2005, 07:01 PM
I think that this is a 3/8 x 16 thread 1 1/2" dia.
These are available from ENCO, part # 325-6865, $1.55 each.
<use-enco.com>

Regards,
Flapman

cubchick
08-15-2005, 07:57 PM
Ron Massey, are you going to tell the story relating to this topic or do I have to? :lol:

bob turner
08-15-2005, 08:46 PM
Just give them the link, or have Steve move it here. It was a true classic!

behindpropellers
08-16-2005, 07:47 AM
www.mcmaster.com

type in "ball knobs"

kase
08-16-2005, 11:02 AM
Lowes Hardware has them also.

Ruidoso Ron
08-16-2005, 12:36 PM
Ron Massey, are you going to tell the story relating to this topic or do I have to? :lol:

I think you would do it better justice! You might also tell the folks where they can find the optional "Bong device" :roll:

SJ
08-16-2005, 12:54 PM
When you search for "bong" or "cute knob" you really don't get all that many hits on this website...

http://www.supercub.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=55300#55300

cubchick
08-16-2005, 01:16 PM
Okay, okay...I'll humiliate myself again. I met Ron the day I soloed the cub. He flew into the N.L.R. airport just as we were popping open some beers to celebrate my solo. We were discussing different landings (I hadn't done a wheel landing yet) and a very well-seasoned pilot remarked just as Ron touched down, "Now that's how you land a cub." (Ron, you owe me for having told the whole world that twice now!).

After Ron taxiied up, we all went over to check out his plane (and Ron went to get a beer :Beer ). I remarked to another female pilot that he had a cute knob, whereupon I immediately realized how that sounded and we burst into laughter. Then we got to looking at all the stuff crammed into his cub. I saw this interesting contraption in the back seat, got it out and asked all the other pilots, "Hey, is this a bong?" thinking, this guy's flying around living out of his cub and smoking marijuana. When they informed me that it was his urinal, I durn near dropped the thing in my haste to shove it back into the back seat.

When Ron walks up, they told him I was playing with his urinal and thought he had a cute knob.

A tired looking Ron immediately perked up and told me abut the supercub site. :lol:

Personally, I think he must have sent a bunch of private messages out, b/c when I joined the site, I already had a reputation.

Ruidoso Ron
08-16-2005, 01:59 PM
when I joined the site, I already had a reputation.

You'll probably never live it down either! Glad to see that even with that fancy "glass" 206, you haven't lost interest in SC's.

Cajun Joe
08-16-2005, 07:39 PM
Dear Ms CubChick..... If I may say, you did arrive at SC.Org with an in-house rep simply because you were just another in a long procession of TDBM (Them Duped by Massey).

If we only knew how many times since college Ron has responded, "Why no sir, Officer, that's my urinal."

cubchick
08-16-2005, 08:41 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bob turner
08-16-2005, 09:37 PM
I gotta admit - that's at least as good a story as the one I'm going to steer you to. This one was so funny it deserves an award!

http://www.supercub.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2981

It should be duplicated here, or maybe in the SC.org archives!

Steve Pierce
08-16-2005, 10:02 PM
Sweet memories. :o