View Full Version : Throttle knob

08-15-2005, 05:56 PM
As dumb as it sounds. I can't seem to find a plain round ball knob for the throttle assy. Any suggestions?

Yard Dart
08-15-2005, 06:55 PM
The last time i needed throttle balls i took them of my grandfathers John Deere tractor. Perfect fit. Nothing flys like a deere!

08-15-2005, 07:01 PM
I think that this is a 3/8 x 16 thread 1 1/2" dia.
These are available from ENCO, part # 325-6865, $1.55 each.

08-15-2005, 07:57 PM
Ron Massey, are you going to tell the story relating to this topic or do I have to? :lol:

bob turner
08-15-2005, 08:46 PM
Just give them the link, or have Steve move it here. It was a true classic!

08-16-2005, 07:47 AM

type in "ball knobs"

08-16-2005, 11:02 AM
Lowes Hardware has them also.

Ruidoso Ron
08-16-2005, 12:36 PM
Ron Massey, are you going to tell the story relating to this topic or do I have to? :lol:

I think you would do it better justice! You might also tell the folks where they can find the optional "Bong device" :roll:

08-16-2005, 12:54 PM
When you search for "bong" or "cute knob" you really don't get all that many hits on this website...

08-16-2005, 01:16 PM
Okay, okay...I'll humiliate myself again. I met Ron the day I soloed the cub. He flew into the N.L.R. airport just as we were popping open some beers to celebrate my solo. We were discussing different landings (I hadn't done a wheel landing yet) and a very well-seasoned pilot remarked just as Ron touched down, "Now that's how you land a cub." (Ron, you owe me for having told the whole world that twice now!).

After Ron taxiied up, we all went over to check out his plane (and Ron went to get a beer :Beer ). I remarked to another female pilot that he had a cute knob, whereupon I immediately realized how that sounded and we burst into laughter. Then we got to looking at all the stuff crammed into his cub. I saw this interesting contraption in the back seat, got it out and asked all the other pilots, "Hey, is this a bong?" thinking, this guy's flying around living out of his cub and smoking marijuana. When they informed me that it was his urinal, I durn near dropped the thing in my haste to shove it back into the back seat.

When Ron walks up, they told him I was playing with his urinal and thought he had a cute knob.

A tired looking Ron immediately perked up and told me abut the supercub site. :lol:

Personally, I think he must have sent a bunch of private messages out, b/c when I joined the site, I already had a reputation.

Ruidoso Ron
08-16-2005, 01:59 PM
when I joined the site, I already had a reputation.

You'll probably never live it down either! Glad to see that even with that fancy "glass" 206, you haven't lost interest in SC's.

Cajun Joe
08-16-2005, 07:39 PM
Dear Ms CubChick..... If I may say, you did arrive at SC.Org with an in-house rep simply because you were just another in a long procession of TDBM (Them Duped by Massey).

If we only knew how many times since college Ron has responded, "Why no sir, Officer, that's my urinal."

08-16-2005, 08:41 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bob turner
08-16-2005, 09:37 PM
I gotta admit - that's at least as good a story as the one I'm going to steer you to. This one was so funny it deserves an award!

It should be duplicated here, or maybe in the SC.org archives!

Steve Pierce
08-16-2005, 10:02 PM
Sweet memories. :o