• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Maule vs Cub article

Diggler,
Great article, thanks. I guess I missed the safety part of the article. Also, they didn't figure in loss of airplane or settlements to pilots families into the costs.

Wow! What an ad campaign - "Buy a Maule, See More Moose!"

Do you think you would spot more bear from a Beaver?

sj

Maule makes an aircraft model, specifically for observation. Both front doors and rear door and side are covered with plexiglass. The visibility is awsome. They are roomy and 30% faster than the cub.

If observation work is the mission, Maule gets the nod.

Amazing the amount of paperwork the government folks took to say the same thing!!

Scott

Over a five hour period? Doesn't the government have any statisticians? Is this a large enough sample to be definitive? Did they have their mind made up beforehand? What about the Scout and Husky? They go fast!

It's also worthy of note that neither that pilot nor that observer still work for them, and, by the way, neither does the Maule. In fact, the Maule went away right after this paper hit the streets.

It is worthy of note that the pilot flying the Maule owns an M-7 of his own, and now works it under 135. No doubt he is a very good Maule pilot, but his passion for Maules was not shared by others in the organization.

MTV

Those Maule guys made it from WA state to the Red River Fly In with everything including the kitchen sink. We were making 65 mph across the ground at 100' while they were up at 5500' makeing 145 mph if I remember correctly.

Oh my gosh, somebody said something good about another type of aircraft! Flamefest 2005.

I don't see any moose at all here in New Mexico. Do you suppose if I got a Maule....................?

Ron, it is worth a shot. Then you can loan it to me to try up here also. Moose spotting in KC seems to be at an all time low and it might be just the ticket.

sj

Sounds like your typical two-bit marketing gimmick masquerading as research. The Maule is a great airplane and doesn't need phoney praise. My $0.02

Ruidoso Ron said:
I don't see any moose at all here in New Mexico. Do you suppose if I got a Maule....................?

Mooses, Smooses. Hang in there Ron defecting to Maule ownership isn't necessary for additional wildlife sighting. :)

Here's wildlife we observated Memorial Day: http://sparky.supercub.org/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=3268&cat=586

It was pretty interesting just stayin' out of their way. And all the smoke hindered our air-to-ground parade photography. We had conflicting missions: shooting the parade and the flight.

You can see a parade anytime.

AJ

54tw--

Great picts!!
8)

You guys crack me up! lets get the Husky guys in here too that should bring the "Flame fest" to full swing!! :drinking:

Wup

Wupster,

We LIKE Husky guys. They taste just like chicken.

sj

Thanks Wup.

Ummmm... chicken. Husky's are so big I could feed my family for a week on just one.

It would be nice to bring that extra gear into the back country, but that would be like going camping in a Winnebago wouldn't it? For a truer wilderness experience, give me a Cub. You can't carry anything you really don't need. :)

Add a Guitar pod like Anne's and one can travel in style.

AJ

SJ, They pay you too much money to be able to afford two hobbies. Oh wait a minute, no kids. That explains it.

Steve Pierce said:
SJ, They pay you too much money to be able to afford two hobbies.

Steve, that is a very interesting sentence. I will have to study it for a while to understand the true depth of meaning found there... 8)

sj

Steve Pierce said:
SJ, They pay you too much money to be able to afford two hobbies. Oh wait a minute, no kids. That explains it.

Nailed it!

Guitar Steve- Looks like a nice one. Since I don't have a guitar/Firman pod yet, I may have to borrow a Maule so I can take a generator and practice amp for my 'Strat.

AJ

Steve - does that mean we'll be singing songs around the campfire at Nolstein again? Have you written any new ones since the Alphabet song?

Anne.

P.S. Since Tim doesn't fly with me very often, the guitar was just, well, ah, just an excuse to get something I didn't really need but just really wanted. You know, just in case, to get ready for a big trip somewhere, just in case...

annestoy said:
Steve - does that mean we'll be singing songs around the campfire at Nolstein again? Have you written any new ones since the Alphabet song?

Ahhh, nothing new that can be sung in public. I'm going through a Fifty Cent wanabee phase...

Last year I don't even remember sitting down for five minutes the entire fly in. I must have, but I don't remember it.

sj

Back