• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Back seat mod

storm_pilot

Casselton, ND
I am presently fabricating the fuse and my fiance has mentioned that she would like to ability to recline in the back seat. I guess flying is boring to her and she wants to sleep on the way to grandma's house. :roll: To do this I would have to omit the square tube that runs between the two upper longerons and probably run diagonal tubes up from the lower seat support tube to keep the fuse spread apart there. After that it's just a matter of mounting a narrower reclining seat there that fits between the bars. Has anyone done this before or am I courting disaster?

Start courting disaster and stop courting your fiance. Disaster is easy to deal with, its quick, and then its over with, you will either have scars on your head or, your gone, the fiance will be hanging around for a long time! :angel:

She'll get the plane in the divorce anyway. So I wouldn't spend too much time fixing it up for her next boy friend to enjoy. :lol: Really, this day and age I don't think you could get anything like that approved. Tell her to sit up and pay attention to the world passing below. Nothing I hate worse then a bored passenger, can't wait to get them out of the plane. They only fly with me once. I love to fly! Crash

Whew...Been there done that one...Drop the woman and move on...Keep in mind once they sink the hook the Super Cub becomes another woman...
1Woman + 1Woman sharing one man = DISASTER!!!!!!!!!

Sam

8)

Stormpilot,

Okay, here's the painful solution to your dilemma:

Build a homebuilt Husky, instead of a homebuilt Cub.

The Husky has no seat back brace. Fuselage is already strong enough to fly without a brace back there.

Or, look carefully at the Husky structure, and figure out what you'd have to do to a Cub type frame to make it similar, loads wise.

There are reasons that a basic Husky is heavier than a basic Cub, and this is one of them,

MTV

OK, OK, a blast from the past...

My daughter, Brianne, happens to work with storm_pilots wife...used to be his fiance...and tonight we had dinner together. What a delightful couple! Jeremy is a pilot flying medevac fixed wing with a health care organization in Fargo, and his wife is a radiation oncologist in Fargo.

Jeremy's cover is blown...that boy needs to get over to New Holstein! His wife is terrific, and I am pretty sure she would grant him a kitchen pass!

He is about to hang his wings on his super cub build...did the welding from scratch.

This is one small supercub.org world folks. The way this meeting began was a couple of years ago, when Brianne accepted the position of Director of Oncology Services at Essentia Health in Fargo. Brianne was at a luncheon for Dr. Buechler-Price ("the fiance") first week on the job, they were visiting and Dr. Buechler-Price introduced her husband to Brianne, and it came out that he was a pilot. Brianne asked what he flew, and he said a supercub! Brianne asked him if he was on Supercub.org, and he said "Yes!" Brianne mentioned that her dad was on Supercub.org and that he posted a lot, and he asked what her dad's handle was, and she replied "Windonhisnose". He recognized the name, it sealed the deal and Dr. Buechler-Price is now a wonderful radiation oncologist in Fargo, and Jeremy is a pilot for Sanford Health Systems and a full time firefighter!

The best?! He is getting his supercub project moving right along!

Folks, it is a small world, made smaller by Supercub.org.

Randy

Back