• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Middletown California from Portland Oregon

aktailwheel

Colorado
I'm heading down to Middletown California this weekend to go to Harbin Hot springs which is about 8 miles or so north of the town. I'm new to the northwest and want to fly the cub down there. Anyone have ideas on where to fly into that would be the closest, any cub strips that I might be able to land at that I don't know about? Any other advice that you might have for flying down to this area would be appreciated.

Thanks,
aktailwheel

AK,
Interesting..You are not going to be too far from me and Dave from Lodi...
There are quite a few strips in that area that you can vistit. There is one over the hill at Sea Ranch which is a cool place.
I am working the weekend and off Monday and Tuesday if you want to hook up let me know or Dave and we can give you our phone numbers...
Fly safe and watch your 6...
Sam

8)

aktailwheel:

I am just over the hill in Santa Rosa. The closest strip is a private strip that I haven't landed at, but it is really nice, the 7-M Ranch Airport (81CA). Give the guy a call and see if you can land. The closest public airports would be Angwin-Parrett (2O3 - 26 mile drive), Healdsburg (O31 - 31 mile drive), Lampson (1O2 - 31 mile drive), Cloverdale (O60 -39 mile drive), Santa Rosa (KSTS - 43 mile drive) and Napa (KAPC - 70 mile drive). The only ones of those that I know would have rental cars are Santa Rosa and Napa. Harbin Hot Springs is kinda in the middle of nowhere.

With the exception of the Russian and Sacramento River bars, most of the land around here is private. There are lots of little strips around, but it is hard hunting down permission.

I will PM you my telephone numbers. Give me a call and I'll help all I can. We are supposed to have nice weather. This weekend I got in 9 hours of Cub flying. Really nice after all the rain and fog we have had.

375handh

I had a great trip down to Harbin Hot springs and recommend it for anyone needing a good soak in a very very hot pool. The hottest pool runs 115 degrees, now that is hot folks. I could only last about 2 minutes. You can camp out on their property too. I found a nice strip nearby, Crazy Creek Gliders, they run a glider outfit and are really nice folks. So if you are every up for some glider lessons (or flights if you have the ticket) I recommend this place. Fly gliders by day, soak at Harbin by night, deluxe.

aktailwheel

Back