PDA

View Full Version : American Legend Aircraft new cub builder?

Dan2+2
03-01-2005, 04:18 PM
I noticed an add for this company in my EAA magazine last night. The add and website shows a cub type logo, out of Sulpher Springs Texas. Anybody know anything about them. The add piqued my curiosity.

Bugs66
03-01-2005, 04:45 PM
Any web site address? I didn't notice the ad, will have to check my mag.

Dan2+2
03-01-2005, 05:12 PM
website is www.legendaviation.com But it is a one page site with a date of march 15 2005, which is perhaps an unveiling date?

Marc Olson
03-01-2005, 05:58 PM
I called the number listed, a receptionist (answering service?) took my name and number and said 'Tim' would call me back. She asked if I was looking for a mechanic or to buy an airplane.

We'll see what Tim says about their venture when he calls.

Marc

pzinck
03-01-2005, 06:14 PM
Tim has posted here awhile back.I beleive this is a pa11 replica geared to the sport pilot.He seems like a good guy.Dont take this as fact it was awhil ago and i am wrong lots.

Taledrger
03-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Tim...is LegendTim on this forum. He's posted a couple of times. Invited all supercub.org folks to use his vendor area at Sun N Fun for a meeting place. I think they're building a PA-11 replica.

Frank T
03-01-2005, 06:38 PM
This is the response I got back from Tim today.

We will have our spec sheets out towards the middle of March. Our web site will also be up towards then. Our airplane is a PA-11 style aircraft. It has the fuselage of a supercub with a 3? wider cockpit. We used J-3 wings with PA-11 struts. The wing attach points are outboard like a supercub and the fuel is in the wings(two 12 gal.) which enables you to solo from either seat. The engine is a Cont O-200 producing 100hp with alternator and starter. It will come standard with both left and right clamshell doors. Our options will be BRS parachute, VG?s, floats, Dynon EFIS, Garmin radios/transponder, and you can choose from either a PA-11 closed cowl or a J3 open cowl. We will be certified under the ASTM standards. Our empty weight should come in around 850# and gross to be 1320#. We are shooting for a price point in the mid 60?s. You are welcome to call me any time to receive more info at 214-802-5818. Thanks for your interest.

Steve Pierce
03-01-2005, 08:34 PM
I have been to Legend A/C in Sulphur Springs. Nice set up and nice workmanship. I think it will be a neat nitch in the Sport Pilot market and would definitely be my first choice. I met the guys there and they seem to know what they are doing and seem to be in for the long haul.

Dave Calkins
03-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Sounds like a great airplane for the new "sport" cat.

Now, can we bash 'em? :bang

RMREBOB
03-02-2005, 11:37 AM
WEBESLO (Don Reeder) and I spent several hours at the facility in Sulfur Springs last Saturday Getting the grand tour. I was really impressed with the fuselage jig and the workmanship that was evident on the 1-1/2 airplanes that were done. It looks like they are achieving a nice balance between tradition & innovation. For example they are using honeycomb fiberglass for all of the floorboards and the doors. They will be using the EFIS flight instruments which seem to provide an improvement in weight and reliability over the old steam gauges.

Another thing that impressed me was that unlike most startup operations who take deposits on to secure "early delivery dates" and sometime never deliver, these guys wont take your money if you beg them to.

I'm sure that anybody who is in the neighborhood would be well received if they wanted to stop by and have a look.

Maybe Don could chime in here with his impressions.

Dave Calkins
03-02-2005, 01:11 PM
So, you were begging?

Seriously, this will be a great machine for the old or young who can't come up with that medical.

And alot of us others would have tons of fun in this a/c as well. Just yesterday I was talking about one of my projects (a 799pound PA-11) and was given the opinion that it may be the ideal airplane for the times given fuel prices these days and.....what....4.9 gallons an hour of fuel burn........

Power to weight ratio of a 100HP / 800-1350 pound airplane is identical to that of a 150HP / 1200-2000 pound airplane.......but the -11 has the advantage of a lighter empty weight, thus a more fun a/c to fly when on the light end.

Flying Miss Daisy
03-02-2005, 06:31 PM
A internet friend from PYM Mass. was real interested in this MFG. and just today e mailed me the info. It appears that the target cost is in the 60's delivered with the basics. It sounds like a good mix between a Pa11 and the SC. He was however complaining that the useful load was low. I need to do more research before I can provide any criticsm either constructive or bashing. ............What do you think SJ and WLT is the more kinder Miss Daisy or what? Ha HA John

Steve Pierce
03-02-2005, 09:59 PM
You are limited to 1320 lbs for sport pilot. They are using new O-200 for an engine. Not much weight to play with. We all know it will fly over 1320 lbs. Look at the 90 hp SC.

GeneHerzog
03-02-2005, 11:32 PM
THIS IS GOING TO BE A WINNER!!!!

I live not far (17 miles) from Sulphur Springs and Legend Aircraft. I go in the factory fairly often and can promise you they are doing it right. These people have ethics and integrity and are turning out a great product. It appears to be the perfect aircraft for the new sport pilot category, but also provides a lot of the advantages of the SC at an "economy" price for a new airplane.

Stop by and look anytime you are in the East Texas area. I am going to use their booth as a "Central Point" at Sun&Fun. Anyone looking for me can leave a message there and I'll get it.

Gene Herzog

Dave Calkins
03-03-2005, 12:10 PM
What will they cover it in?

Is the fuselage 4130 or something else? Tigged or Wirefeed?

Tail feathers balanced?

Whose wing parts?

Flaps? Extended wings?

What tailwheel? Main gear length? Brake style and make?

Stock cowl or some Fiberglass thing?

If they shuck the starter, alt., battery, and electrics, the thing could carry a few other mods for safety and fun.

If this thing is kept to a very light empty weight (under 800 lbs.) nothing will beat it with one aboard. That's right top-CC boys and other 180HP'ers, remember, we're all flying on the same amount of wing here, and light will always win out in takeoff performance beacause the available lift will pick up a light one sooner.

I wonder if the BRS parachute and floats are considered as part of the gross weight or if one can add them on without penalty as "safety" items without taking useful load off the a/c.....ala, the part 103 ultralights and their parachutes, floats, etc.

Sorry for all the questions. I guess I oughta call Tim.

anyway, good press for him to have it typed out here for the casual lurker!

RMREBOB
03-03-2005, 06:57 PM
What will they cover it in?
Poly-fiber.

Is the fuselage 4130 or something else? Tigged or Wirefeed?
4130. Tig.

Tail feathers balanced?
Yes.

Whose wing parts?
There own. Stamped rib like Univair.

Flaps? Extended wings?
No. No.

What tailwheel? Main gear length? Brake style and make?
I don't know about the tail wheel. Main gear has springs (no bungees)and appeared to be standard length. I think they are Cleveland brakes with that gold anodized master cylinder with Matco cylinders (I forget the make).

Stock cowl or some Fiberglass thing?
Not sure about the cowl.

If they shuck the starter, alt., battery, and electrics, the thing could carry a few other mods for safety and fun.
I asked about that and they said if you will sign some liability waver they will sell it with no electrics.

Pat Bowers
03-03-2005, 08:34 PM
Tail feathers... J-3 type (not balanced)
Wings & ribs ... our design (similar to Smiths)
Tail wheel..Maule
Main gear.. HD std. length
Brakes... Matco MC / Grove wheels/brakes 800X6
Cowel... all aluminum J-3 or PA-11

Dave Calkins
03-03-2005, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the answers.

What type of top coat? P-tone or A-thane?

Tim
03-03-2005, 09:30 PM
With the price of gas going up they will sell all they can produce

Tim

Dave Calkins
03-04-2005, 11:49 AM
I hope these guys have found a way to get this thing in the air for "the mid 60's" as far as price.

It's imposssible for one to buy all the pieces for a PA-11 for that price. These guys are talking about a GREAT bargain even if the price were higher, like 80K, for a NEW, TURN-KEY fun-flivver.

Do I sound excited?

Pat Bowers
03-12-2005, 08:39 PM
OK, the web site is up and running pics in living color. PAT

Pilk
03-12-2005, 10:46 PM
I have almost the same air craft my fuselage is 2in wider wings same as pa11 but mount out board. eng 0290g coll spring on gear 850 6 with ccleveland wheels brakes 2 18 gal tanks REG EXP BUILT 1994 GOT hailed on 2003 got recovered 2004 .
flies like a cub.

bob turner
03-13-2005, 12:29 AM
I called about a month ago - Tim called back immediately! I said I already had a Cub but was enthusiastic about the Sport version. One thing I can add is that the wing will attach as the PA-18 does, allowing for lots more room up front. I am hoping that axle config. will allow the Grove 8:00x4 installation. Tim said they wouldn't offer too many options, to keep the price down - hence the 6:00 wheel/tire, which saves around $350 right off the bat!

I think this is the aircraft that will control the light sport rating. It is enough of an airplane to really train pilots, yet avoids much of the complications of type certification. Besides, you can't touch a halfway good no-radio PA-11 these days for much less! Sure hope we can get one on the line out here!

RMREBOB
03-14-2005, 10:53 AM
Got an email from Pat his morning . Said they had been flying ship one for two days and it met and exceeded they highest expectations.

cubist
03-14-2005, 08:38 PM
I wrote an email to them and got a response back very quickly - I appreciate that!

They said that the airplane is about 850 pounds. With 25 gallons fuel, that is too much for two at 175 pounds each and full fuel. This is the same problem I had in a J3 with 24 gallons capacity. However, in this airplane they have sight tubes in each tank, which helps alot when you aren't topping up the tanks.

Flying Miss Daisy
03-15-2005, 09:59 AM
Has anyone heard where they will be at Sun-N-Fun.. John

LegendTim
03-15-2005, 11:31 AM
Space MD-010 in the Manufacturers area on the flightline and I believe behind Lancair.

Flying Miss Daisy
03-15-2005, 12:14 PM
Thanks Tim I am glad to hear that your tests are going better than ever expected. See you at SNF. LIVE FREE and FLY :usa .......John

bob turner
03-15-2005, 06:37 PM
At 850# this is almost as good as it gets. Sure, full fuel will put you over gross - so remove one tank, and restrict the other to about ten gallons.

Same thing with the Super Cub on Wipline amphibs - one pilot and 6 gallons, I believe, will about do it.

Do not even hint that these things ever fly over gross! We have clubs at my airport that insist on filling their 152's after each flight. Take one of those out with two average adults and imagine an engine failure on takeoff - over the freeway (at 200'agl). Put the same load in that Legend and I can practically guarantee 800'agl at the same spot, legal or not! A"U" turn is not only possible, but it has been done!

Steve Pierce
03-15-2005, 07:09 PM
1350 Perfect

stretch
03-15-2005, 11:21 PM
I guess me at 240 and my wife at 375 we won't be legal with full fuel??

S.

Flying Miss Daisy
03-15-2005, 11:28 PM
How attached are you to the Wife?

Rv8tor
04-06-2005, 11:12 AM
Just thought I share with you an email between Tim Elliot of legend aircraft
and myself. Lots of nice pictures! :D
Gene

Will you have an plane at Northwest EAA Regional Fly-In ,Arlington Washington?

Are the O-200 engines new? Has somebody started producing them again?

Do you have pictures of the panel/interior you can email me.

I currently fly a rented J3 and wondered if the radios, switches etc. are located so they can be reached from the back, as I don't fit very
well in the front.

Gene,

The engines are new from Cont/Mattituck. We are also going to offer the Jabiru engine soon. Here is a link to some pictures. http://bkads.com/preview/LGD/legend_intro

You should fit well in the front of the Legend. Guys 6'3" and 250 fit comfortably. There wing attach points are outboard and the seat and panel are more like a supercub than a J-3. Hope this helps. We will not be at Northwest this year but plan on making it next year.

Tim Elliott
Legend Aircraft
214-802-5818

Richgj3
04-22-2005, 08:34 PM
I just joined this site when I found the interview with Tim on the CUB DRIVER section. I'm glad to see everyone has the same positive impression of the company and the product that I do. I have one on order and I flew one of the 2 they had at Sun N Fun. I continue to be impressed. I am a CFIA and a CFII. I have over 2000 hrs of TW time in a lot of Cubs and vintage airplanes. I owned a J3 and have instucted in a Top Cub and a 150 PA18. I have Type 2 diabetes for years and although it is under control and I am in great health according to my doctor, I got tired of the BS from OK city every year, so this year I let my medical expire, sold my Comanche and my Great Lakes and ordered the Legend. I know I am going to love it and have a great time. All my "Cub Friends" at the airport are as anxious as I am to get it.

It is certainly as roomy or more in the front as a PA18. It flies like a cub, of course, but somehow feels more stable. Pitch respone on landing reminds me more of the PA18 than a J3. Also it has a little more dihedral in the wings so you can almost leave your feet on the floor once you have the turn started. The one I flew had a seaplane prop on it. With me and the factory pilot in it and about 1/2 fuel, i think, it was initally climbing at 850 fpm at 45 mph indicated.

I believe the biggest challenge Tim and his colleagues will face is to grow their company fast enough to meet the demand.

Rich

mvivion
04-23-2005, 01:51 PM
I didn't get a chance to fly the Legend at Sun N Fun, but it looks like a very nice little airplane and nicely constructed. Of course, that's a show airplane, so you'd expect good workmanship, but still....

They have basically done about all the things I'd do to a J-3 to "improve" it, if money were no factor: Wider fuselage (3 inches), wing tanks, no cowl tank, door on both sides, and so on.

They were giving the prices as $67 with a J-3 type cowl, and $69 with a pressure cowl at the show. Someone told me, though, that the one at the show had a $90 K price tag. It had a "glass cockpit", though. Don't expect to drive away with one for less than $70,though, I'd guess. Still a pretty good deal, for anew airplane.

MTV

Richgj3
09-29-2005, 07:10 PM
I took delivery of s/n 1003 in Texas on 8/22 and flew it home to NY. This is the first customer Legend. I am extremely happy with it. We left Texas with 1.3 hrs on the tach and had NO problems on the way home. It indicates 95 MPH at 2500 RPM, which is just under 75%. While I would NEVER fly an airplane loaded above its certificated gross weight, I imagine that at 100 lbs over the 1320, it might climb at 500 FPM on a hot Texas day. We flew 2.5 hour legs, or a little more and were both very comfortable. I weigh 185 and am 5'9" (and 59 yrs old) and my back seat partner is 175 and about the same height. The baggage area is more than ample for 2 guys on a 3 day trip.

I have the metal 69/48 prop, lights and strobes, Garmin 250XL GPS/COMM, XPNDR and Encoder and intercom. I also put 800X6 tires on it.

I used to own a J3 and have time as a ferry pilot in both a 150 Super Cub and a Top Cub. This feels more like a Super Cub than a J3. Of course it does not have the power, but the landing especially is more Super Cub.

By now they should have delivered a couple more. I believe they had about 40 firm orders at last count. They are hoping to be in new, larger facilities sometime in November.

Rich Giannotti

Verdigris
09-30-2005, 04:04 PM
Rich,

Was your Legend Cub one of the 3 Legend a/c displayed at Oshkosh? They mentioned that one of the displayed a/c was their first customer delivery. It was a VERY nice looking machine! I was able to visit quite a while re: their incorporation of SuperCub features into their airplanes. It seemed to me that they have achieved a great mix in that regard. There certainly were lots of interested people hanging around their displays in each of the several times I dropped by.

Fundamentally, it looks like they have taken a design done when labor was cheap relative to material costs, added lots of proven/desirable SuperCub features and redesigned the areas necessary for an era when labor is very expensive relative to material costs. They have a nice product; the dear spouse & I are planning a factory visit.

Richgj3
09-30-2005, 04:43 PM
Yes, Mine is N77355. It was in the Legend Booth, but it was not ready to fly, so it went back to Texas in the truck. One of the changes was that they got approval for 3 inch numbers. At OSH mine had 12 inch numbers. It looks better without those on the side. Also, it got damaged in the Tstorm on monday night, so I got new tail feathers, plus all the touch up required after a round trip in a truck and a week at OSH. They really did a fantastic job. Tim told me I wouldn't know it was the same airplane and he was right, even tho most of it was the same.

When you visit them, you will be impressed.

Rich Giannotti

redrooster
10-04-2005, 11:21 PM
I was just surfing the Legend Cub website yesterday & decided to "order one up" just for fun, with their online price list. I see that the base price is now $77K instead of $67K like they were originally shooting for. With a minimal VFR radio package and night-VFR lights the total was somewhere around $84K-- a substantial amount of money but pretty cheap for a brand new airplane, all things considered.
How do you like yours so far, Rich? Done much short-field work with it yet?

Rooster

Richgj3
10-05-2005, 06:17 AM
I think the price is 77 for the closed cowl and 74 for the open cowl. The open cowl did start at 67, but the price increased sometime between SNF and OSH. You are right, still not bad for a brand new airplane. I think Cub Crafters Sport Cub is starting at 89K bare bones.

Well, I have about 50 hours on mine now and I still love it. I have not done much real short field work with it. It does get off like they say. I'm having trouble slowing it properly. I'm still used to my old Great Lakes that came down like a tool box when the throttle was closed. I can consistantly land it in less than 600 feet, but the book says I should be able to do better. I guess I'll just have to practice more!

I still fly a J3 sometimes and I think it slows quicker than the Legend. I do have the cruise metal prop on the Legend (68/48). I used to fly a Top Cub a lot. Of course the flaps helped there.

I think they have delivered 2 more recently. One is going to Georgia and one to Palm Springs via the Copper State Fly-In this weekend. If you get the opportunity to fly one, I think you will be impressed.

Rich

redrooster
10-08-2005, 07:41 PM
Rich, you said you got the optional metal (69-48) prop. This sounds like the same prop, diameter & pitch anyway, as used on the Cessna 150. Do you know the diameter & pitch of Legend's standard wooden prop? I assume it would be a Sensenich. I took a quick look at the Sensenich wood prop listings in my Univair catalog-- didn't see any listed for an O-200, but saw both 72" and 74" listed for C-90's, depending on the airplane. I wonder what difference a 72 or 74 inch wood prop would have on takeoff/climb performance, and on speed?
Was there a particular reason you ordered the metal prop? Did you fly one with the wood prop?

Rooster

X18
10-09-2005, 08:21 AM
I'm not Rich, but I'll tell you that the metal Sensenich prop is a 69" diameter and is the same one as a C150. With any metal prop there are vibration issues and Legend wanted to use a prop/engine combination that had been properly tested. The standard prop is a wood W72 Sensenich. The longer wood prop may develop slightly more thrust due to it's length, but it is not as efficient as a metal prop. The wood prop is less expensive and about 10 pounds lighter.

Jim

Steve Pierce
10-09-2005, 08:37 AM
Jim, That was what I got from Tim when I flew the metal prop Legend. I figure he has more time than anyone in all of them.

Richgj3
10-09-2005, 09:03 AM
Steve

Everything Jim said is true. Also, I just figured the metal prop would be less maintenence. Come to think of it, I never did fly one with a wood prop on it. I flew both prototypes at different times, but they both had the a metal prop on. I think they actually had approval for the metal prop first.

This month's Sport Pilot Magazine from EAA has a story on the Legend and they flew it with the standard wood prop. Based on that article, the performance appears virtually the same as what I get with my metal prop.

Rich

bob turner
10-10-2005, 07:05 PM
For a Cub, choose the wood prop. Cheaper, less vibration, easier to hand-start, drop-dead gorgeous, and if you hit something and the feds don't find out, you can just bolt another prop on and keep going.

With care, a wood prop will outlast you. Always keep it covered when outside - canvas will do - and always make sure the varnish is intact. I have never had a prop go bad that didn't hit something first.

Richgj3
01-26-2006, 12:28 PM
Update: I have about 80 hrs on my Legend Cub now, with no problems.

It still makes me smile.

Rich G

Dave Calkins
01-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Rich, post some photos!

Richgj3
01-26-2006, 03:57 PM
Just posted some. I hope it worked!

Rich

Dave Calkins
01-26-2006, 04:11 PM
Where did you post them?

Can you give a link? Or better yet, picture in a post!

If you don't know how, go here: http://www.supercub.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6744

or here: http://www.supercub.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6873

Cavy did a great job on these tutorials. It's worth learning how to put a picture in a post.

Now I'll go look for you photos on your album. It'd be nice if it were in the thread, though.

DAVE

Richgj3
01-26-2006, 04:17 PM
I posted them in the photo section. Sorry, I did not know I could put them here. I'll read some more and try to link to them.

Are Cub Drivers expected to be "Computer Literate"??? :D

Rich

Cubus Maximus
01-26-2006, 05:11 PM
Dave, I'm the culprit - I obliterated Rich's pics with the Smith Cub blowout.

Here's Rich's posted pics of his Legend Cub.

http://sparky.supercub.org/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=8533&limit=recent

mvivion
01-26-2006, 06:27 PM
So, out of curiosity, what happened to CC's LSA Cub, that's touted as being certified and in production in their ads?

Are they also selling them at this rate?

I'm really curious as to how many of these types of planes will sell.

MTV

SJ
01-26-2006, 06:57 PM
Here is what they have to say....

http://www.cubcrafters.com/news_item.asp?id=1

http://www.cubcrafters.com/sportcub_progress.asp

Steve Pierce
01-26-2006, 11:51 PM
17 Legend Cubs delivered to date and they are building one a week and all CC can do is talk about
None of the more 70 confirmed SPORT CUB deposit holders want a 50 year-old reproduction airplane.

SJ
01-30-2006, 03:41 PM
Just got this a few minutes ago....

New Purchase Program

January 30, 2006

American Legend Aircraft Company is pleased to announce a new Legend
Cub Deposit Program. Previously, a purchaser was required to place a 10% non-refundable deposit for their new Legend Cub in order to reserve a production slot. Now, a purchaser has the option of reserving the delivery date of their new Legend Cub with a $ 2,400.00 refundable deposit. This reduces your risk while still reserving your position. To reserve the delivery date of your new Legend Cub or discuss the details of the new refundable deposit program, please contact me.

Jim Lewman

American Legend Aircraft Company

903-885-7000

jim@legend.aero

flyer46
01-31-2006, 09:34 AM
They were very active at at Sebring, Florida Expo. They had two planes providing demo rides and were very busy. They are definately impacting the market successfully.

Richgj3
02-02-2006, 07:59 PM
Legend Cub in flight. LI, NYhttp://sparky.supercub.org/photopost/data/500/medium/000_0032.jpg

Rich

Richgj3
02-14-2006, 07:40 PM
FAA records show 26 Legends. Some are still registered to the factory as they are required to get a registration first. My friend picks up #21 next week. He also owns a Top Cub. I hope they play nice together :D

Rich

Dano
02-15-2006, 08:39 AM
What an awesome picture...with the reflection of the instrument panel from the photo ship. That's great!

tempdoug
02-15-2006, 11:27 AM
And it would even be nice to see a photo of that instrument panel, looks nice. doug

Richgj3
03-08-2006, 08:09 PM
My buddy picked up s/n 21 Legend Cub today. It has been ready for about 3 weeks, but the WX and other things got in the way. This one will be based at Spruce Creek in Daytona Beach, FL. I think that makes 3 or 4 in Florida.

Rich

Steve Pierce
03-12-2006, 06:32 PM
From Aero News today:

American Legend Names Three To Advisory Board
Sun, 12 Mar '06

American Legend Aircraft has named three key persons to the company's advisory board. These appointments include Clyde Smith Jr., notable Cub historian and restoration expert; Danny Goggins, company test pilot; and Rich Giannotti, first Legend Cub customer.

Clyde Smith Jr. is duly known in aviation circles as The Cub Doctor. A long list of credentials has garnered Clyde Smith Jr. this title. He presently serves as an advisor and author for the Cub Club (www.cubclub.org). He regularly performs seminars on aircraft restoration. He is a former Piper employee, and his father Clyde R. Smith Sr. was Chief Experimental Test Pilot for Piper. The pairing of Clyde Smith Jr. and American Legend Aircraft Company is a remarkable blend of experience and enthusiasm for the Cub flying experience.

A self-proclaimed Cub enthusiast and superb Cub pilot, Danny Goggins joins the Legend board. He is a commercial rated pilot currently flying with America West Airlines. In addition, Goggins has served as American Legend's test pilot since the company completed and flew its first prototype (nearly one year ago) on March 11, 2005.

Also appointed to the company advisory board was American Legend's first customer Rich Giannotti. A high time pilot, Giannotti holds a variety of ratings including certified flight instructor. He took delivery of his Legend Cub in August 2005, and has been an avid supporter and valuable contributor to the company since.

Tim Elliott, president of American Legend Aircraft Company, commented on the appointments, "We are without a doubt pleased to have these three gentlemen join our company advisory board. The wealth of knowledge that Clyde Smith Jr. can share with us is immeasurable. Danny will continue to play an important role as Legend continues to grow and deliver more planes. Rich has been huge in helping to launch the Legend Cub. The involvement of our board members ensures that Legend customers get the greatest satisfaction from ownership of their Legend Cub."

The Legend Cub is a two-place, single engine piston-powered aircraft designed to meet Light-Sport Aircraft certification requirements. It has an empty weight of 870 lbs. The Legend Cub is propelled by a 100-horsepower Continental O-200 engine with electric start. Equipped with optional floats, the aircraft is capable of water takeoffs and landings. The Legend Cub is bringing back the enjoyment and economics of general aviation aircraft to today's flying enthusiasts.

GeneHerzog
03-12-2006, 11:13 PM
It is my understanding that 7 New Legend Cubs will be departing Sulphur Springs for Sun and Fun. Some are exhibit planes and some are new deliveries. Will try to get pictures of the departures and post same.

As our new hangar and Smith Cub building project is only a 100 yards from Legend's plant, Dorinda and I are nearly every day and have to say that the planes are absolutely magnificent in all respects. They have to be the best buy in aviation today. Their new addition to their existing manufacturing plant is coming along well and should be finished soon.

Make a point to stop by Sulphur Springs when you are in the area or check out the new optional 2006 model at Sun and Fun.

Anyone at Sun and Fun who wants to discuss Smith Cubs with me and give some advice, just check at the Legend booth. We are about 50% through the project and have hit a brick wall regarding a prop. We have a hollow crankshaft on an 0-360 and want to get a prop which will not have the rpm restriction.

Richgj3
03-13-2006, 02:26 PM
Gene

I sent you a PM about propellers

Rich G