• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

VG's for experimentals - only $95

Thank goodness for people like Charlie White who spend the time and money to get these things approved on certified airplanes. Does anyone know how these compare to certified? They have a funny shape. Do they have the right contour on the bottom to fit the curve of the airfoil?

http://www.landshorter.com/page3.html

I contacted Chuck White at Micro 10 years ago about VG's for my experimental, at that time no one to my knowledge was offering a complete package for homebuilts. Chuck GAVE ME A SET FOR FREE, and was very helpfull in leading me through the installation process. Since that time I've sold several sets for Chuck: several Champs, a Maule and several for the Rans S-7 Courier, which I and the "VG" guy fly. This was just an occasional thing, I never aggresively marketed them for homebuilts just fooled around with it. To my knowledge I was the first to install them on the Courier, (WESTERN FLYER published an article I wrote on the install, I have that on file and can post it) ) having said all that I can say that Joah, the person behind the Landshorter company is a good guy and I would not hesitate to deal with him. I expect he is selling the hell out of these at the price he is offering them. Lexan ain't plexiglas, I'm sure they'll hold up well, as good as anodized aluminum??? Don't know, I simply like the looks of the Micro's better then the lexan... My new Courier I'm building will be flying this spring, absolutely no doubt about it with VG's, Micro's if I have any money at all left over, Landshorters if I'm broke. Both will work just fine. Even at Micro's prices VG's are cheap for what they do to the flying characteristics!

Courierguy
Tom Simko

Hey Tom, thanks for the kind words and great to see you here. I swing by on occasion to read what the "Big S-7" folks are talking about :)

The folks that have STCed VGs earn their money for them and most Super Cub owners will want to go that route. For the experimental owners I offer an affordable alternative and am happy to help folks achieve better performance and safety. For instance I've sold gobs to the Smith kit guys and they're really pleased with their results.

It's all about getting out and having fun with our planes and it's great we have lots of options to do so :)

Joa

Back