• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

D&E Aircraft Sold

Bugs66

Spokane WA
Spoke to Ernie and Darlene at D&E aircraft. They said they have sold the business to some guys doing business with Taylorcraft in Texas. The new business will be in Florida. Ernie has experimental wings for Cubs, Taylorcrafts, Citabria, etc... I am building his Super Cub wing. From what I understand the new owners will still be offering his wing kits. Not sure if they will get them PMA'd or not. I believe at one time his wings were PMA'd and Ernie got sick of the FAA and decided to do experimental only.

Just thought I'd pass that news along.

Bugs

Update: I edited above to reflect new information I just received. D&E was bought by some folks in Florida who are doing business with Taylorcraft. They will seek certification of the D&E wings.

Thats a bit disconcerting. Had the experience of a friend ordering a set of spars from taylorcraft, paid up front, promised in two weeks. One year later and countless excuses and dare I say..... lies..... no spars. We finally gave up and are building from wick's blanks. Not sure how the refund is going.

Well, on the other hand - Ernie never seemed to have a problem getting his stuff cranked out. If Taylorcraft inherits Ernie's supply line - then things could be much better.

That is a shame. Unless Taylorcraft makes a 180 degree turnaround you can kiss that source of wings goodbye. I have had very bad dealings with Harry Ingram and Taylorcraft.

The guys in LaGrange seem to have a hard enought time trying to manage what they've got. Blows my mind that they'd try and bite off something else. :nutz:

Case in point: read this recent post over at the T'craft forum.
http://vb.taylorcraft.org/showthread.php?p=6728#post6728

Since forum rules on the Tcraft forum do not allow any negative publicity of Taylorcraft Aviation - the thread will probably dissapear within the next few days. Here's the whole text in case it does:
Re: Year in Review-from Harry Ingram

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a wing repaired by Taylorcraft in 2003-2004 (after a ground loop) and finally received it 9 months after it was received in LaGrange Texas (11/03 to 8/04). Both wong spars were broken very close to where the struts attached - which made it necessary to replace both spars. I know I hit Harry with a job that was ill-timed in terms of his business development. My BIG complaint is that Harry does NOT tell you the truth!!!!! about your project status. In my case it went from 1 week to 9 months! Progress on the repair was COMPLETELY misleading. All I wanted was an honest report of the repair status.

Sorry Harry but the truth is the truth

Hank Wehrli

Back