• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Source for seat rails

Dan2+2

Paducah, KY
Does anyone know where the cessna style seat rail material can be obtained? I will be exp. so I don't need pma'd parts and surely it can be purchased for less than wag aero etc. sell it.

One source might be MacFarlane Aviation Products: They probably make the ones sold at places like WagAero. The advertised stuff is FAA-PMA, and by accounts of everyone I've talked to who's installed them, better than Cessna. You might enquire if they'd sell just the stock for an experimental.

www.mcfarlane-aviation.com 1-800-544-8594

They also now have seatrails for Piper PA-28/32/34/44. But wait! There's more, as they used to say when I watched TV: Continuous Loop trim cables for ragwing Pipers J3 through PA-22, including PA-18. Anybody used 'em yet? Reports from the field?

Good luck with the project. Sounds like it'll be a good one.

Cubscout

I take it you plan to use Cessna seats? I remember the Piper adjustable seat rails being a bit wider than Cessna's, so the seats will determine the rails.
SB

Gunny,
Atlee uses cargo tie-down rails for his Cessna jumpseats. Handy stuff, but not at all the same as adjustable seat rails.
SB

Yes I scrounged a pair of free cessna seats out of a mid 60,s 172. For the price I paid, did I say free already, I feel compelled to use them. Of course the 2+2 plans suggest them as the best for the job anyway.This was a wreck and the seat rails were not usable.Thanks for the quick replys. I hope to have the fuse done by mid January and wings on and begin rigging shortly after. I am getting alot of satisfaction building this project from scratch. After my wife and kids get to bed I head out to my shop and spend some time doing "MY THING" Not the job thing or the responsible adult thing but something I can do just because I want to. Its a great stress reliever. Nothing on TV worth wasteing my time on anyway.And I will have a pretty cool great big toy when I get done! Seems like a good deal to me.

Back