• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Best propeller for 0-360

CptKelly

GONE WEST
NC
What is the best all round metal propeller for a 0-360 in a Supercub, not strictly a climb or cruise unit.

Mike

Mike, the one I have in my garage is pretty good... It is a Sensenich cruise prop..

I think the answer is "what do you want to do". In some of our off-line discussions, you were interested in some speed. You are not going to get much speed out of the borer prop. If you are just looking for out of the hole performance, you may want the borer (or since you are experimental) the pawnee (BAI) prop (this is being discussed on another thread).

For my needs, I am very happy with the constant speed prop. I get darn good out of the hole performance and still cruise along. Of course, many will argue the weight, etc, but if you were to use something like the MT the weight gain is negligible.

I do think a cub is more FUN to putt around in without having to think about a CS prop, but you get used to it pretty quick. I have about 200 hours on mine now.

sj

steve said:
Mike, the one I have in my garage is pretty good... It is a Sensenich cruise prop..

I think the answer is "what do you want to do". In some of our off-line discussions, you were interested in some speed. You are not going to get much speed out of the borer prop. If you are just looking for out of the hole performance, you may want the borer (or since you are experimental) the pawnee (BAI) prop (this is being discussed on another thread).

For my needs, I am very happy with the constant speed prop. I get darn good out of the hole performance and still cruise along. Of course, many will argue the weight, etc, but if you were to use something like the MT the weight gain is negligible.

I do think a cub is more FUN to putt around in without having to think about a CS prop, but you get used to it pretty quick. I have about 200 hours on mine now.

sj

Would you do it again?

Jeff, I would probably go with the MT, but yes.

I would like to have two cubs, a x-country machine and a sporty one.

Although x-c cub may be an oxymoron.

sj

steve said:
Jeff, I would probably go with the MT, but yes.

I would like to have two cubs, a x-country machine and a sporty one.

Although x-c cub may be an oxymoron.

sj

2 CUBS!!??!!
Cubs were made for borer props and visa-versa!! The only true cross country cub is spelled SKYWAGON!!

Mike

Mike, this is true, but when I get where I am going I want to fly my cub.

I am hoping that the J3 keeps going up in value (now that it is running again) and then I will trade it even for a 185.

sj

Back