• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Lower windshield strip for Pa18

Glenn5ft19

Tried making a lower windshield strip for PA18 but no success. Does anyone have any suggestions as to here we might purchase one?
Thanks
Glenn

univar selles them but they fit really bad. I made one work on my cub but there was a lot of cussing, in the end I wished I had just used the old one.

I have a junker PA18 90 hp boot cowl, but has the windsheild strip in fair shape. I think 150 hp and 90 hp had different windsheilds, don't know if it would work for you. If anybody wants it, they can have it for shipping and $25 donation to supercub.org.
Webfoot

Talk to Rich or Stan at Cub Crafters. I bought the one from Univair for the PA18 and it positively would not fit. I then called Cub Crafters and they sent me one (I think for a J3 or PA12) and it fit perfectly.

windsheld

the last cub i rebuilded was a 150 cowling using the 95 windshield worked great

RMREBOB, The J3 and PA12 windshield strips are totally different. It had to be a PA18 windshield strip they sent you.

cubunltd
The strip I used WAS totally different. The one for the PA18 that I got from Univair came nowhere near fitting. I don't remember what the one that I got from Cub Crafters was for but it fit perfectly. As I said, if your having trouble talk to Stan at Cub Crafters.

Soory RMREBOB, you must have misunderstood me. What I meant was that the strip C.C. sent you must have been an 18 strip. The J3 and PA12 strips wouldn't come close to fitting an 18. I agree the Univair strips don't fit. However I've made them fit by shrinking and stretching. Lot of work.

Back