• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Man bites bear

Great story! I have black bears all over my yard, and sometimes they have been quite a nuisance in these parts (occasionally raiding homes, always raiding trash cans left outside, etc). One attacked a jogger a couple of years ago, she was lucky to get away. But in the People's Demokratik Republik of New Jersey, the PETA extremists et al have been trying to get the second bear hunt canceled in favor of "birth control". And it is nearly impossible to get a right-to-carry license for handguns. If that scenario took place here instead of Anchorage, he'd probably sent to prison. :evil:

Being charged at close range by a brown bear can rattle most anybody. My hats off to Gary Boyd having the ability to keep it together and stop a charging brown bear with a pistol is pretty impressive. Most people can't hit the broad side of a barn with a pistol let alone stop a charging brown bear. Good show Gary.

Cub_Driver

A small blerb was in the paper today about a man who got bit in the head by a brown bear down at the tsiu river. OUCH!

Back