PDA

View Full Version : SOlo / thank you!

khm
09-24-2004, 10:20 AM
I finally soloed last Wednesday, with my taildragger endorsement! wasn't a super cub but a Citabria 7eca. What a thrill! Actually it was a great aviation day, I was able to log time in, LTA (balloon), fixed wing, and rotorcraft all in the same day, what a day!

I would like to thank all of you for the information I have gained lurking here for the past year. Your insight and experiences have been a constant motivator. Thank you, Keith :D

SJ
09-24-2004, 10:57 AM
Congrats, Keith!

Sounds like a perfect day to me!

sj

Anne
09-24-2004, 11:18 AM
Keith, was that Aviation Center's Citabria? With Toshi?

Stop by NW t's, N10, and say hi.

Congratulations!

Anne.

khm
09-27-2004, 02:56 PM
Anne,
It was Sutton Aviation's Citabira, Barry Sutton is my instructor out of Lapeer. Where Is Aviation Center located? I would love to stop by the airport sometime to meet you and see your cub, unfortunately my socializing time in A2 is scarce. I work 4 tens at the U and commute back to Lapeer, long days. How was the tour last weekend?

Anne
09-29-2004, 11:37 AM
Keith, sounds like long days, for sure. Aviation Center is on the east end of ARB. They've got a beat up old Citabria they use, with radios that sometimes work, sometimes don't, but Toshi is a pretty decent instructor, if you don't mind the accidents he gets into.

Solo Aviation is new, and is in the terminal building. They're looking for a tailwheel plane, and if Eric becomes their tailwheel instructor, it will be worth your time to fly with him. I just started flying with him, and he's really, really good.

The Michigan Air Tour is this coming weekend. There's about 45-50 people registered now, about 22 planes. It's my first time flying the tour, and I'm looking forward to it. Maybe I'll remember to take my camera with me, too.

Anne.