• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Wound in the bush

Kano

Africa
John and Tyler have tied-down their SuperCub for the night, somewhere outta there. As Tyler is preparing a pot of coffee, John walks towards a bushy thicket, and proceeds to drain his tank.

As he unzips, a sleepy cottonmouth, coiled over a low branch just under John's point of aim, opens one eye, sees something vaguely familiar descending towards him, thinks "Gosh! Darn newcomer wants to invade my territory!!!", and snappily bites the intruder on the head.

As John rolls on the ground, shrieking in pain, Tyler comes rushing. He can just make the shape of the cottonmouth disappearing through the branches, sees his howling pal clutching his swelling Johnson, and understands in a flash.

Back to the Cub, he punches 121.5, and raises Cain until they get him a doctor on the radio. He explains that his partner has been bitten by a cottonmouth, at which the doctor asks a few questions about the available first aid equipment, and the distance to the nearest hospital.

Nothing but disinfectant Four Roses at hand, and the nearest hospital is two hours away. The doctor tells Tyler: "Well, the only thing you can do to save your pal is to suck the wound?"

"To suck WHAT?????"

"To suck the wound, trying to get as much venom out as you can?"

Tyler remains silent, and slowly goes back to John, now softly moaning on the ground. John asks: "What did the doctor say??"

Tyler answers: "Well? I don't know how to put it?"

"What did he say????"

"Look, I'm a bit ashamed?"

"But what the heck did the friggin' doctor say???"

"He said you're gonna die?!"

Steve, if to qualify as "Flying humour" I have to untie the Cub and let it fly off, I can do that.

I can even manage to fit the cottonmouth as a stowaway, boarded hidden inside one bag or another, then slipping somewhere on the floorboards, or wrapping itself around the stick...

But I have a problem finding a decent explanation about what exactly John was doing...!

So I'd rather leave the Cub tied down...

Back