• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Super Cub Drawings

Ahmet Kamil

Turkey
I just wonder if I can buy Super Cub drawings. I've been told there are new versions based on completely advanced materials (Vacuum bagged carbonfibre engine cover, steel L/G, wider body fuselage - tig welded, wing fuel tanks). ?

Be careful with the drawings. They are great except they do not have any of the drawings that are specific to the 150 hp supercub. Mainly in the firewall forward. they do not contain the correct drawings for engine baffles for the 150 (although close) and don't contain the correct lower engine cowling drawings.

CV,
I have never seen a good set of prints for the 150 stuff. Piper hasn't made these and other prints available for years. I basically took the measurements etc from a factory supercub that I recovered a while back. You might try the cub club, but I doubt they'll have the correct ones.

I've ordered a set of drawings (northland aircraft/thanks Tim), but I'm afraid it wown't help me. Technics of 50's were completely different, from welding to cover. Nowadays you can build lighter frames with the help of advanced welding technics and covering material. Also "glue" technics are quite new, and "styrofoams". If Piper didn't rewiev and re-draw its drawings (taking into account these novelties), someone else might ? I'm not talking about Maule or Husky of course.

Plans for the 150 HP,

Hello All,

I'm glad to see that there are so many out there building / restoring SC's
I have also ordered the digital plans, but am in need of information for the 150, are there lots of modifications needed to beef this up to the 150, if I don’t have a plane to mock up against, what would be the next recommend procedure? ( I did look in the shop twice and there was no extra SC's out there ! ) in addition has any one building used the 2000lb STC mod while building from scratch ? This is my first try building a plane so any help would be great, also what parts of the build seem to stumpers ?

Back