• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Need Nitrate Dope

Cadflyer

I fly radio control Cub's and I am recovering one right now. I am trying to locate a quart of nitrate dope. If anyone knows where I can get a quart for cheap please let me know.
Thanks,
Cadflyer
zmethvin@sbcglobal.net

Where are you? Hazmat shipping is a big cost on Aircraft Coatings. For example, in the Front Range area, there are two good dealers who have Nitrate and C.A.B. in stock, one with Stitts Polyfiber, and six shops that come to mind that probably have a can or two of the above 'old stock', on the shelf.

This could be a fun project (I love peeling Superseam off my fingertips....) but is location specific. Best of luck on yor project.

Thanks. Cubscout

cubscout said:
Where are you? Hazmat shipping is a big cost on Aircraft Coatings.

Thanks. Cubscout

What most companies won't tell you is that now there is no extra charge for up to 4 quarts of stuff. But is for 1gallon. So if you only need a quart, should be no extra charge. Still be cheaper to do like cubscout says and get quart locally.

If you were out here, I'd pour you some. Almost anyone who does Ceconite would do that for a modeler. Aircraft Spruce has it in quarts for cheap (lots less than hobby stores). Also remember, aircraft dope is lots thicker than the hobby stuff, so you need thinner as well. It shrinks more, too. You might want non-tautening.

Back