• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Smith "Kit" website??

Website

No, but I heard from a source at Oshkosh today that he is trying to sell-out the operation.

Re: Website

labdad32 said:
No, but I heard from a source at Oshkosh today that he is trying to sell-out the operation.

Their site has had problems before. Check back later.

That IS interesting news about them selling. Anybody else who can verify?

Bugs

Bugs,
They had a note in their July newsletter concerning this topic. This link http://www.supercub.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=45457&highlight=#45457 will take you the thread where I quoted what they had to say.
From the dealings I've had with them and the commitment they made in their newsletter to their customers, I would not hesitate to do business with them. They have limited the taking of deposits for kits at a 1 year lead time and have a waiting list for delivers beyond that, (and I get the impression that waiting list is filling up).

Kelvin

The following was in the most recent Smith Aviation news that was mailed to me:

Don’t Panic
This is one of the harder things I’ve had to put down on paper, but I’ve always been up front with people and I want to be up front with our customers about the future of Smith Aviation. My father Nick Sr will be 62 years on his next birthday, although he works like he is in his 20’s, actually most 20 year olds don’t work as hard. I’m 34 with a young family, with sons in ages 1, 3, 5, and 15. I’ve worked very hard, along with my father the last 10 years to make Smith Aviation what it is today. with the surge of sales recently, along with Nick Sr’s desire to slow down, and my ambition to spend more time with my family, and the need to build more planes to accommodate our customers, we have decided to look into the possibility of selling our business. Now, before anyone panics, there is no sale imminent at this time. We have had discussions with several companies and one has shown serious interest. We are going to weigh all our options before selling as there is no rush. It may end up that we still own our business 5 years from now if a proper owner has not been found, one that places a priority on quality before profit. I will keep you informed of any further developments,

Thanks,

Nick Smith Jr.

Does the current lack of the Smith Kit website mean they aren't taking any more orders?

Mike

Mike,
While I am guessing, this doesn't strike as a way the Smiths do business. What they do is build airplanes first and play with websites second. I bet if you give it a few days their website will be back up. If you want to get in contact with them, get ahold of me off line and I will give you their phone number. (Not that their number is a big secert, I just hate posting stuff like that in the open. Call me paranoid! :roll: )

Kelvin

I contacted the web company looking after the Smith site, they are just doing some updates on thier server. So nothing sinister, just the same old "Down for maintainance, service will resume as soon as possible".

Who "really" shot JFK anyway?

Pete

Back