• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Airframes Inc.

supercubc37

Janesville,WI
Just got back from Alaska and we stopped by Airframes Inc to talk to Lee and he asked me to pass on some information to people building Experimental aircraft. Airframes Inc has purchased a CNC punch press and CNC press brake and are interested in doing some small lot production as a job shop for parts that you may not want to produce. All he needs is a print or if the print is already converted to cad he can load it in the computer and make the part. I didn't ask about his shop rate, if interested contact Lee at Airframes Inc.

Please note that this is not limited to supercub clones but all homebuilts.

Matt

I am interested. So I am assumming these are not the steel fittings but could be things like cockpit panels, fairings, etc..? Northland already has a lot of the fuselage fittings for experimental - which I need.

I'd like to know more of what specific parts are eligible.

Bugs

Machine

When I saw the new machine last month it appeared that the piece Lee showed me was 1/8" or thicker steel plate.

Randy

The material can be 4130 or aluminum. Panels, ribs just about anything.
When I was there Lee was doing the prototype for the rudder bellcrank. He did the first couple of pieces out of aluminum then changed to 4130 and went just as fast.

Matt

Back