• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Elevator Bungee Cable

Steve Pierce

BENEFACTOR
Graham, TX
I was looking at Piper Drawing no. 12263 Bungee Installation. I notice that it calls out the SCs with un-balanced elevators (L18C/PA18-95) use an upper bungee prt# 40123-66 and a lower bungee prt# 40123-74 and 40123-75. All others do away with the bottom bungee unless on floats. Any body have any experience with this? I presently don't have the lower bungee. Would like to lossen up the top one due to heavy stick forces. Any body know the difference between the 40123-78 bungee cable on all SCs except the unbalanced tail feathers and the 40123-66 on the unbalanced tail feathers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

saw a service bulletin for 18-95 to remove the lower bungee. Seems the lower was put on for military contract and ended up too much control pressure required. If you don't have the old Piper SBs I can look it up for you. :morning:

Yea, Service Letter 150 on the PA18 "105" which I would assume would be the same as the 95. It is dated July 1950 and the drawing revision is 8/11/49. The parts manual shows a different cable on top for the -95. Don't know which one is on there. Think I'll spend $17 with Univair to verify it is the correct one. Thanks.

Back