• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Control Surface Travels

Roger

Spring Branch, Texas
Model: J5C (PA12 want-a-be). TC data sheet shows flight control travels in degrees up and down. I assume these are measured relative to the aircraft being level. Rigging instructions are shown in the service letters, however they do not address control surface travels. My service manual also does not cover travels.

Could anyone help out, as to what the TC data specified control surface travels are measure relative to what??

I believe the "0" degree reference is at the neutral position for that surface or neutral relative to the horiz. stab. in the case of the elevator.
Mikey

Measuring angles from the nuetral point, works great for ailerons. However, with the cub elevators, where is nuetral. If it is faired with the stab? Then, what position do you put the stab into to obain zero? Where is the stab's zero reference point?

All other aircraft I have worked on, the manufacturers manuals give specific instructions. My cub manuals give no light on the subject, so I thought some Cub Expert could enlighten me.

Thanks for everyones help.

Hi Roger

Level flight position or parallel to the horizontal reference line. Various ways to do this.

Mark

Back