• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

4130N sheet steel

Tbas

There is a rumour circulating on the internet in one of the homebuilder forums that 4130 Sheet steel is no longer being produced in the usa. Does any one know it this is true or not? I find it difficult to believe that the mills would just stop producing it since it was readily available for so many years

Tom

Tbas said:
There is a rumour circulating on the internet in one of the homebuilder forums that 4130 Sheet steel is no longer being produced in the usa. Does any one know it this is true or not? I find it difficult to believe that the mills would just stop producing it since it was readily available for so many years

Tom

Why not call one of (if not the) biggest volume buyers of 4130 in North America and ask? Dillsburg Aerplane Works, Dillsburg PA. 1-717-432-4589

I heard from a good source that the last plant to make 4130 sheet goods was shut down, disassembled and shipped over to China. The world steel market is going nuts and prices are sky rocketing. The USA is just a consumer anymore and not much of a producer. Crash

I talked to Dillsburg last week, and was told their supply was hit and miss right now. They had some sizes but were waiting for a shipment on others. Sounded like they are now using an offshore source for sheet.

Frank

Back