• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

overhead flap handle

Dan2+2

Paducah, KY
I am considering an overhead flap handle in my 2+2. There would only be one double pulley centered in the upper fuselage. Instead of six if I go down the side of the cabin, under the floor and forward to the handle. My main concern at this point is how safe it would be in case of a crash. The handle on the floor would be hard to hit your head on. Has anybody tried this? I saw one in sportaviation like it. For some reason I don't like the flap cable running beside the rear seat passengers. Seems too easy for them to accidently interfere with it. Any advice?

Wag-Aero flaps

You might want to contact Tom at Wag-Aero. A couple of years ago Wag was working on a flapped-wing kit and Tom told me they were going to mount the flap handle overhead.

dan,
my brother pa-12 had a overhead flap,the a/c is 15 miles out of red devil,alaska,resulting from a electrical short at the battery box.
he had fabricated it from parts of vw parking brake,he liked the system,as it was out of the way,handle pointing forward,and had i belive 6 notchs.i'll dig through my pictures,if your interested.

jr. 8)

Dan2+2 said:
The handle on the floor would be hard to hit your head on. Has anybody tried this?

I tried but kept hitting my head on the panel before the flap lever. In a bad wreck I supose you could, but at that point I don't think it would matter. :lol: Crash

Junior, Pictures would be great as I can't seem to find any on the web. Jerry I got to the mountain goat website but could not find any indication of a overhead flap handle in pictures or articles. If you know where I could see drawings or pics. I would apreciate the info.

Back