• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Location of a Smith Kit?

CptKelly

GONE WEST
NC
Anybody out there know of a Smith Kit being built in either Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, or South Carolina?

Mike in NC

We are building a wide body L-21 Smith kit outside Wilmington, Delaware.
Have the wings and and tail pieces and hope to pickup the fuselage early this May. Our email address is listed in the "members only members directory".

Thanks....

Thanks guys,
I'd love to visit and look at your SC, but my wife is seriously ill, and both parents are almost 90 and need me big time. Delaware is just too far to take the time.
Do you happen to have any photos?

Mike in NC

Smith kit

There is a Smith Cub that is 99% finished at Cox field just south of RDU,
under the Class C airspace. Bobby Cox, who built the Cox Hawk that was on the Cover of Sport Aviation, is building it. The workmanship is impecable. Lots of innovations and a big buck panel.

Ron
PS you missed a great SC fly-in

Phone number of owner?

Anyone out there have Bobby Cox's phone number? I'll go and see his Smith Kit, and report back.

Mike in NC

Mike,
Bobby Cox's phone number is 919-362-9301. A good time to come to see his plane is Sat, May 15th. The local EAA Chapter 1114, meets for breakfast next to the hangar with the Smith Cub and Bobby usually attends.

Ron

Back