• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Study on Tundra Tires and Long Gear

skeptic considers softening

I've been a skeptic of the VG claims since the first data published by a manufacturer switched between CAS and IAS when it was convenient to do so for before/after claims. correcting IAS to CAS on their data showed an incredible decrease in performance. I wrote the MFR about this and they never replied. felt like a "gotcha." owners almost always like what they buy and most oftten cannot back up improvements with good data. raw feel-good testimonials impress me not.

these data by NASA lead me to reconsider. especially the possibilities for float configurations.

Check with the guys who use 'em.........I would put VG's second only to the borer prop on my mod list.

I'd buy the VG's before the borer myself. They are the cheapest safety improvement you can make in my opinion.

If you bring your cub in at 75mph, you don't need them. But if you like to come in in the 30-40 range, you will want them.

sj

Back