• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Weight and Balance

PA-12 Super Cruiser

I was looking in my old Cessna 152 POH and remembered the C.G. Envelope that was plotted on a graph. Does anybody know how I can make that envelope graph for my PA-12. I realize the maximum gross wt. is the top but how do you plot the left and right side of the envelope? Just curious.

Jeff

If you download the TC for PA-12 (A-780) you will find the C.G. ranges for the PA-12, & PA-12S. For the PA-12, there's not much to plot, just make a graph that has weight on the vertical axis (empty# to 1750#) and C.G. in inches on the horiz. axis ( 9.0" to 18.6")
For the PA-12S, the C.G. envelope does change w/ weight from the PA-12 chart IF above 1405#. From 1405# to 1838# gross, the "forward" limit (left side of graph) will be a straight diagonal line from 9.2"@1405# to 15.2"@1838#. The "aft" (right side) limit is same for all weights: 18.2")
Don't think this graph comes up on the FAA TC download, but if you have access to "ATP-US Aviation Regulatory Library" (that many shops use) the TC printout includes these graphs.
Mikey

Back