• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Hendrick Flap STC on a PA12

Steve Pierce

BENEFACTOR
Graham, TX
A non-computer friend of mine is coming close to finishing up his PA12 and is looking for Hendrick. He bought the flap STC back in 1993 and installed them but the paperwork is for the extended wing. Is this the same STC that Univair now owns? Is their any contact info for Hendrick. Looked at his project Sat. and is real nice. New Dakota Airframes fuselage with upper and lower extended baggage. He put a door in the floor of the upper baggage to aid in pushing things out of the lower without having to go over the back seat. Wings are covered in Ait-Tec. I looked inside and it penetrates the weave real well. Anyway anyones help would be greatly appreciated.

You might try contacting Ron Sullivan. If my memory serves me correctly, he worked with Hendricks on a number of STCs.

I'm sure one of the AK crowd knows more.

My file with my notes about the research I did on my flap handle in my -12 are at home, I'll take a look tonight.

That is the one TJ. Found Dave Hendrick in Buffalo, MO. Sent him a letter. Seems STC#SA660AL is for extended flap and 578AL is for the standard. Univair sells the parts and flight manual suppliment but doesn't own the STC. Will contact ron Sullivan if don't hear back from Hendrick. Thanks.

Flaps STC

Ron is who you can purchase the STC from, also think that Stoddards at Merrill field also sales it. Be careful when following the drawings, the flap hangers are incorrect. If installed as per drawing, the flaps will sit lower than the trailing edge of the wing.

Second that too, and Ron was upfront about the mounting issues. You may want to temporarily hang the wings back on the fuselage before committing on the bracket and fairlead & pulley locations. We got lucky, but were sweating it as the cable clearances behind the flaps were awful close. As I remember the exact location of the flap cable pulleys on the fuselage played a part in this, so good to see it all setup w/ cables in place.
Mikey

I would be interested in the location of the flap handle in your 12. Mine is on the left, with a rather large tube assembly that brings the flap handle well into the cockpit. The handle is always against my left leg regardless of the flap setting. Must be at least 4 inches away from the left side. Any thoughts?

Sorry for the late post on this? I have been out of touch. I have Hendrix/Ron's STC for the PA18 flaps and it includes the istallation of the Flap handle? The drawings are pretty straight forward for the location, however many "minor" variations have been done to better locate/position the handle to suit the "length of the pilots arms" and the location of your knees when full left stick deflection.

I could easily send photos of the installation if anyone is interested?

Tim

Back