• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA-12 TC holder

narov

Wichita, KS
Anyone know the website for the PA-12 TC holder?? I tried to search the forums but no luck. The TCDS lists FS 2003 Corp. I remember a guy in Canada was producing parts, fuselages etc? Is he still around?

Carlon

I think his name is John Mitchell. His company was Pacific Flight Systems, I believe his co. filed for bankruptcy some time ago don't know much else. Other than they were located in Vernon, BC.

Thanks for the reply, Vernon BC sounds right. I can't locate a web page anymore so he must be out of business.

Carlon

Thanks Gunny, that is the site I was looking for. I too had heard of Cert issues with their parts.

Carlon

Some guy on Barnstormers was bad mouthing :bad-words: them quite awhile back about this "Grounded aircraft" hogwash and about part certs, to what sounded more like he didn't like spending his money North of the border. I've run into a lot of whiners :( over the years, bad mouthing companies, and sometimes it just comes down to they didn't like the ideal of paying for what they ordered. Other times of course they have been justified!! I ran the Barnstormers "bitch" by the owners at "cubparts" back then and they gave me the schpeel that they hold the TC, have manufacturing approval from Transport Canada and everything is honkey dory. If you have any real concerns I would think someone at the FAA would know if there are any problems associated with buying their parts and bringing into the USA. I think one "hiccup" is that their parts manufacturing is certified by Transport Canada and because of a reciprocal agreement between the USA and Canada these parts >should< be legal in the USA as well. Maybe it's just a paperwork thing and by AME/AI/owner processing the proper paperwork everything would be just fine.

I have a friend at TC maint and manufacturing and will ask him if he knows anything in regards to these parts.

Cheers,
Wayne

Wayne

I must admit to being a little confused about FS2001/2002/2003 corps holding the TC's.

But, I needed some help, asked cubparts and the gentleman there, John Mitchell, was very helpful even faxing some information to my IA so I could get things right on my PA-12.

cubparts@hotmail.com is the address I reached them at. My guess is if you asked for the story straight from them you'd get a straight answer.

klm_ak said:
I must admit to being a little confused about FS2001/2002/2003 corps holding the TC's.
I would suggest that it's simply done to move the liability to arms lengths and across a border (and to a corp that has no value other than the small fee to incorp! :D)

Wayne

Anyone have a phone number for the FS2001 folks -- I've got a J-5 idea I want to discuss with them. Anyone know if the e-mail address is still valid?

rrb said:
Anyone have a phone number for the FS2001 folks -- I've got a J-5 idea I want to discuss with them. Anyone know if the e-mail address is still valid?

I think they are out of business. I have tried to call them before.

Tim

Back