• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

[pa 12 fuel system

skysigns

FRIEND
Yelm WA 98597
looking for advice on installing fuel lines on a 12 with a dakota fram left door and baggage :morning:

Well, I don't have a DakotaCub frame, just a highly modified Piper one, but I imagine they are about the same.

Here's what we did to accomodate the left hand door:

Right hand/Starboard Tank Rear.
Ran the right hand line down to the horizontal tube between the upper longerons. crossed the fuselage behind the dog-legged brace in front of the lower baggage. Under the baggage floor, welded a tab with two holes just above the fabric and installed a T in the line, with a quick drain in the inboard hole matching up with the leg of the T to provide a low point drain.
Continued the line below the door to below the fuel valve then up to T with front line.

Right tank front
Down the door post forward to firewall always sloping down to connect to a T with the rear line at the fuel valve.

Left rear, down and back to baggage then beside the right line down under floorboard to outboard hole in welded tab with T and quick drain.

Left front down door post, behind throttle, connect up to T with rear and then into fuel valve.

Vent line remained in stock overhead position

All of this was field approved with a PA-18 style fuel valve because my mechanics wanted to get away from the 56 year old dual valves. Oh, and the tank STC required the right front line in this case.

I have a rough drawing somewhere if you want to pm me your e-mail address I'll send it to you.
KL

I also have a Dakota 2-door. I had to same questions. Solved them by having Charly Center install the fuel system, with the direction to do it like it was his plane. It came back with a Maule R/L/Both valve, two header tanks, independent low-point drains, and no crossover vent over the pilot's head. The fuel and header tanks are Atlee's. I also can draw a schematic if you'd like.
SB

pa12 fuel system

i would like to get any drawings on the fuel system i can.i am installing 24gal.tanks they have front and backing out lets. using a 18 fuel vale my email is info@skysigns.com fax 425-8369454 also need the best way to do a weight and balance thanks for all your help

Back