• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Post light

WindOnHisNose

BENEFACTOR
Lino Lakes MN (MY18)
I am having trouble finding the post light bulb for my supercub. The light I have is quite dim, and some of you suggested replacing the existing bulb. Univair needs a part number, and I don't have one to give them. Any help? Thanks.

I had an avionics shop install a newer model with red and white lights, and all sorts of other goodies. It really is much nicer.

sj

The bulb should be a GE 330. You should read this number on the metal side of the bulb conductor. However, I will check one of mine tonight on another airplane. There is at least one other number but I'm not sure if it is brighter. Are your post lights connected to a dimmer and if so check the input voltage in the high position. If other equipment is robbing power from the circuit breaker this will cause a significant voltage drop at the post. Is this on a supercub. Did it come from the factory this way. How many post lights on one circuit and is there any other type of lights on the same circuit. Low voltage needs the correct wire size for the demand. Here's a link you can look up the parts you need.

https://www.airsuppliers.com/aircraftparts/GE.asp

Back