• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Stay tuned....

I don't understand why they didn't use real wolves for their demonstration.

I like this quote: "It's local people trying to solve local problems," said Fish and Game official Wayne Regelin.

We have a big varmit hunt in Graham twice a year. We get letters to the editor from all over the country. I think they should come live here before I will consider their opinion.

This sort of thing is always filled with strong emotions.
In the past, my brother and I did a lot of hunting in Utah and it was one of our favorite places. Utah?s Fish and Game has a very positive attitude about their forest and see themselves as ?the keepers of the garden?. They strive to maintain a healthy balance and it works.

The recent fires here in New Mexifornia have proven what can happen when the forest is mismanaged by the so called environmentalists. They effectively lobbied against man entering the woods for the purpose of harvesting the dead and dieing trees thus leading to the destruction of nearly 100,000 acres of land in my local area!
I wonder if they?ll be hugging mud slides with the same zest they had when they closed our forests to human entry.

I also wonder what Maurys credentials are? How many generations of his family have lived in the area?
And Ms Stephenson?s statement about decimating the wolf population? I don?t know anything about the local specifics, but I have to question if the culling of 40 wolfs on 520 square miles would lead to the ?decimation? of the species.

This seems very typical of these type of groups on issues such as this one. They bring in all kinds of political muscle from outside, and use it to dictate policy for Alaskans. The publicize their point of view on the issue and insist that it is the ONLY valid issue.

Back in the early to late seventies the wolves were so numerous in the Alaska Range south of Fairbanks very few moose or caribou calves survived until fall. The eco-nuts stopped all attempts to control them. The area around Fairbanks had 36 documented cases of wolves killing and eating pet dogs one winter.

For what it's worth, Howard Stern is on your side. He mentioned it briefly (or Robin did, in the news segment, and he commented on it) earlier this week. :p

Back