• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Needs To Be Said

Frank T

Minnesota
I would just like to personally thank Steve for all the effort, time and dollars he has put into the Supercub.org site. There is so much valuable information EASILY available on this website, that would be very hard (if not impossible) to come by if not for Steve and this Site. He deserves not only our thanks but financial support. I thought about how many other subscriptions I spend money on yet don't receive near the information I receive from this website, and felt a donation was past due.

Also if someone has a beef with the Richmond's and Cub Crafters...take it up with them elsewhere...I hate to see anyone run off this site...the Richmond's have a LOT of knowledge about the PA-18, and I for one value their input and efforts in promoting the PA-18.

Frank

Hear Hear!! The cub fever bit me only a while ago, but I've already learned enough here to hold my own with some of the more seasoned owners around the airport. Thanks tons, Steve. Vote with your wallets, folks...get a weiner!

Chat.

Hi Frank. I think this is the place to express the good and (bad) about any Piper subject. I don't agree with you at all in only saying good things about C.C. on this site. Nathans trick of erasing everything that he didn't personally like the looks of, is what eventually killed their site. Jerry.

expressions

Hi Jerry,
I agree with you on the freedom of exspession on this sight, but sometimes a little
more tact would help. We want to talk about the good and bad and maybe get some
of the bad changed, but I don't beleave this is the place for vengeance.
Glad to hear the river stayed behind the dike, you may have needed to buy floats.
Wayne

!!

Well put Wayne. Actually the water wasn't as high as in 91. Just hyped news coverage. Jerry.

Hi Jerry and Wayne

I DO agree with you both that this should be the place to express both the good and the bad on any PIPER subject. I didn't mean that someone shouldn't be able to disagree with the value or benefit of some Mod. We should all be able to agree to disagree. Wayne summed it up perfectly. It was the tone, I was referring to, just to much of a personal attack for me.

I also agree with you that the censorship on the old CC site was NOT a good thing. I don't think the Richmonds ever anticipated that a forum they were funding and that was available to their potential customers to read, could somehow bite them in the ass. Tough spot to be put in...to censor...to not censor...or shut it down. It's possible the Supercubs.org site did them a favor and made the decision easy.

Frank

I guess I've been guilty of a poor tone, and for that I apologize to the community. I don't mean to be an a*s, but I'm know I'm capable of just that, and I do regret it when I've done that.

So I'll work on it. At the same time, I do have some notes of caution sound to anyone who has been as blind as I have been, and who has pursued aviation with too much enthusiasm. I damn near got myself killed that way, and have dodged other circumstances that I know now I would have regretted later. To all, please accept my sincere apology, and understand that my offenses have been motivated by a desire to help others not do some of the dumb things I have done, and nearly done. No one has done anything to me that I need to feel vengeful about ever, and that's not what has motivated my sometimes over the top statements.

Good luck to all, in all your aviation pursuits.

Thanks for the comments guys. Let me start by saying that I have made some of the most galvanizing posts and written some of the most fire drawing emails that you could ever in your life read, and I suspect that I will do it again someday (probably this afternoon) - usually by saying something I think is FINE and it turns out it offends 15,000 people.

I am (slowly) learning there are great ways to say things to get your point across without alienating all of your friends and neighbors, although it is usually not as newsworthy. I have learned this from many of the people here on supercub.org by reading their posts and thinking, "Now why couldn't I have said it that way"..

sj

Sorry Guys, Cavy sent me the whole litter of puppies! I have been so busy having fun with them that I have not been on the sight much? (Probably a good thing) Seriously, I to have been guilty of typing (or trying to) and then sending before considering whom I may be offensive too?

I have learned an aweful lot on this site, (some of it has to do with Cubs) Mostly I have come to appreciate the diversity of the members and the value of there opinions. When an issue gets sideways, usually I can count on one of my "mentors" from this site to send me a PM and make to me a suggestion that would otherwise get lost in the residue of the Butyurate that was consumed during the past?

I agree that "we" all should look real hard at where we spend our money? not hard to see the time and "personal effort and $$" that SJ and Dana are putting into this site, (We that benefit should challenge each other to get a "big Weiner" and keep the info flowing.

In closing I would love to see more "manufactures" rebuilders, and designers" add to this sight? (many of them most definitely are "lurking" and it is only when they see this site as an 'added value will they contribute??

Tim

Great site! Looking for a Cub on Floats and find the info available on this site invaluable. Just sent in for my weiner.

Mike

Mike!

I am glad you find the site valuable! I just got off the phone with a manufacture of parts for SC and other bush type airplane and he informed me that they spent a lot of time on the site as well, in fact he (they) expressed desire that it did not become a "paid" site, as they appreciated the diversity of content and opinion (adds to their Rand D.

Welcome as a Weiner holder (that don't even sound right??)

Tim

Cuby said:
Rookie said:
I was thinking, who's got the puppies?

Cavy...

Speaking of Cavy... I wonder how he's doing with the fires... I heard yesterday that the fires were in the Big Bear Lake area...

Back