• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Life Before SuperCub.org

Fortysix12

RanchAero Grand Vista, Brooksville
Admission:
I spend five times the amount of time than before on the computer now that there's SuperCub.org. Should I get a therapist? I used to hang out a Trade-a-Plane online but that's just not enough anymore. Whats after SuperCub.org? And Anne, there is something special about what you write,what ever it is, is it your gender?

You probably don't need a therapist, but you MIGHT need a marriage counselor if you hang around here too much... :oops:

sj

Steve,

I figure I am spending too much time on supercub.org, which is adversely effecting my grades, causing me to lose scholarships. I figure I can sue for a large sum of money. My lawyer suggests settling out of court for a T
Top Cub.

Bill

Bill,

That might work, but the payments will probably come with the cub, so save the lawyer's fees and just go buy one yourself.. 8)

sj

I see ya'll stay'ed away from the Anne thing, but its true, there's not enough female input. And no Steve, my marriage is in tact, as a matter of fact I rely on her input to sort of buffer what I want to say, you see I can be a little direct sometimes. Just how many females are corresponding through an alias pen name. And Dana tell us about your half of the Top Cub! I for one want to here about it. The true perspective please.

Like almost everyone else here, I've become addicted to this website. It's the only website (besides weather.com) that I visit regularly. It's where I spend my lunchtime at work.

There's so much good information about flying, about these planes, and maintenance that it's sometimes hard to digest it all. I've met a lot of great people through this site at New Holstein, and I love to read about everyone's adventures (and occasional misadventures).

Some of these guys are wonderful authors, and I enjoy reading their stories. Two stories especially come to mind: Bob Breeden's story about his trip to Alaska with his mom was published (Flying or AOPA, I forget which one), and The Cub Therapist's recent story about his floatplane mishap. Very well written, both of them.

So what makes a good author? Gender? No. Passion? Yes. Some people are able to translate their adventures into the written word so the rest of us can enjoy reading about them on a rainy day. I don't think it has to do with gender.

Why are there so few women on this website? I think it's because it oozes testosterone. My tires are bigger than your tires. My weiner is bigger than your weiner. My gun... you get the idea. And these same guys will turn around and write about taking their children for their first plane ride with love and tenderness.

I also haven't met many other women who fly Supercubs. Most fly "normal" planes. They don't know what they're missing!

Kind of a long response to a short question. Time to go back to work.

Anne.

Anne...

Speaking of "writing with passion", I think you just captured what SC.org is all about...

Why are there so few women on this website? I think it's because it oozes testosterone. My tires are bigger than your tires. My weiner is bigger than your weiner. My gun... you get the idea.

Anne, that's what we men do. Ooze testosterone... We can hide it in a fancy suit, or a nice haircut, or sensitivity training. Some guys even shave and wear deodorant, but when you take away the wrapper... that's what ya get.

Sorry to be the one to break it to you... :wink:

sj

If it weren't for all that testosterone, this group would be pretty boring. You'd be sharing cookie recipes and collecting shoes. Why do you think I've stuck around here so long, even though sometimes it takes me awhile to figure out what's going on???

(No, it's not weiner envy. I voted to keep the old ones).

Anne, hoping I haven't gotten myself into something I wish I hadn't.

94super18,

I just got back from my therapy session and, darn it! I couldn't help but go to supercub.org and I was pleased to see your post! I only want to echo that I have met a lotttttttttttt of great people/pilots on this site, several of which, I know consider mentors in both flying as well as other aspects of life!

I to have my marriage intact, 26+years and all of it to the same woman (she doesn't fly) however she does know that it is my "second" passion! I am learning to put things in proper priority. As hard as it is to do sometimes, I am discovering that when I put those around me first they are more then willing to extend to, and even further encourage my pasison of flying (with or without them)

Welcome to a great site!

Tim

Dana,

You aggree - it's addictive. Your holding back. Then come'on. Let it go. Write. Write. Now doesn't that feel better.

However, if you work as hard as my wife,which I know you do, you haven't got time to seat in front of a computor and respond to .................. well any thing.

Or mayber your spending all your spare tiime in the new rig. Steve did I miss the flight review? Thirsty bugger at low alt. isn't it.

Back